Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johor
Punch Card
Views: 368
Message 11 of 61

Re: X1 Carbon 7th Gen sound card can't start

My turn to be sorry about the late answer, I didn't see yours.

The model number is 20QDCTO1WW.

Today I ctually found out that the microphone is still not working FYI, though I found a way to have the speakers work. So there is a bad effect and it makes it hard for online meetings. Just for your information.

I'm very aware that a bug needs to be reproduced before a solution can be found...

I didn't find the logs that were asked for earlier in this thread, please let me know if I need to do something specific for them to be created or whether I need to do something to find them. I assume logs can help see where the problem lies.

Also, I'm willing to try re-installing drivers one more time. Could you point me to the right driver and the procedure to make sure old ones are out and the new one is used?

Thanks a lot for your help! Warm regards.

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 358
Message 12 of 61

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/zh/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

Please uninstall all Realtek audio driver and install the 6.0.8699.1 realtek audio driver on Lenovo support page.

Besides,do not paste anything on the top of the panel, it has some output hole(about 4 small holes).

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 351
Message 13 of 61

The 4 holes, do you mean the ones at the top of the display, which are the microphone holes? I don't cover them no, if so. The mic input is not found in Windows as seen in the picture. I understand the suggestion, it happens that people do things like that. In my time in tech support around audio software, some people didn't plug the speakers in the output of they new sound card and thought it didn't work. It may happen to me to do such things as well!

Untitled.png

As for the driver, it's downloading and I'll report back. The is one Realteck device in the  Device manager, for which I'll uninstall the driver and install the one you pointed to:

Annotation 2019-08-07 122337.png

As a reminder, it's the Intel driver that shows a yellow mark, here:

Annotation 2019-08-07 122356.png 

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 335
Message 14 of 61

So, I uninstalled the Realtek device and reinstalled it with the driver provided. This didn't improve the situation. Audio output still worked, input wasn't starting, and the Intel SST (OED) still had a yellow mark.

So I proceeded and tried to install the Intel SST driver that is contained in the package I downloaded for the Relatek driver. It installed but now the audio doesn't work at all, again.

The Intel SST Audio Controller driver version is 10.23.0.2618

The Intel SST (OED) driver version is 10.23.2618.3

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 310
Message 15 of 61

About your bug, it seems that smart audio driver not installed successfully, so the sound input device is not recognized successfully.On my machine, you can see that input show the intel smart audio device.

input.png

Could you please show whether you really installed the audio driver successfully? Please capture picture like below.

smart audio.pngDevice manager.png

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 283
Message 16 of 61

Hi,

Thanks a lot for staying with me! Here are the drivers installed:

Annotation 2019-08-08 101433.png

latest 1.png

With these, Audio doesn't work at all, neither speakers nor microphone are available.

If I install an older driver (as seen here) the speakers work, I can plug a headphones, but the microphone still can't start...

Annotation 2019-08-08 101506.png

Note that in both case the Intel SST drivers show in "System devices" and not in "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" (I have difficulties uploading screenshots for some reason, let me know if you need one)

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 280
Message 17 of 61

Please help to check your intel smart audio HW ID, you can refer to below picture.

ID.png

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 271
Message 18 of 61

Seems identical to yours:

Hardware ID.png

Now I see that this device appears for you as well in System devices. What I DON'T see on my system is an entry for Intel SST technology in the Sound, video and game controllers.

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 266
Message 19 of 61

I really wonder if something's wrong with the hardware somehow..

As a reminder, after a visit at the Lenovo service center here in Berlin, where the person tried to boot the machine with a Linux system and we could see the audio was working,

On the person's advice, I then re-installed Windows 10 clean, without keeping any file, which I downloaded from the Microsoft website. Audio didn't work still - surprising after a fresh install.

I did the Windows updates, downloaded Vantage and did the updates available, still no audio...

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 229
Message 20 of 61

If it’s possible, Please help to get below logs :

1. C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log
  2. C:\Windows\System32\cAVS\cAVS_FW_Crash.bin (if exists)
  3. Screenshot of Intel SST OED Device Properties -> General tab (same as below)

1.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors