Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johor
Punch Card
Views: 277
Message 31 of 61

Re: X1 Carbon 7th Gen sound card can't start

@AmyYu wrote:

Uninstall each the following devices in the same order.

a.Detection Verification -> there is no "Detection Verification" item in the "System Devices" category

This ias to say that verify the step 9 listed INFs and deleted successfully.

Sorry I didn't get that fully. Do you mean to say that the fact this Detection Verification is not present means that I succesfully delete the INFs listed in step 9?

Now, I reinstalled the driver and am back to square 1. Realtek driver is installed, the is not Intel Smart audio in the category Sound, video and game controllers, and in the category System devices, the Intel SST (OED) can't start. Audio is not working on the machine, neither speakers nor microphone. Here's the Realtek driver info:

New Realtek.png

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 275
Message 32 of 61

Sorry I didn't get that fully. Do you mean to say that the fact this Detection Verification is not present means that I succesfully delete the INFs listed in step 9?

Yes, just to verify that you have deleted the infs successfully.

Till now, I find that there seems some HW problem with your PC about audio HW.

Have you ever contacted with the serivce to see if there is some problems with your realtek audio HW?

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 271
Message 33 of 61

Yes, as I mentioned earlier, I went to the Lenovo service center here in Berlin. The person tried to boot with a Linux partition and the audio was working, so they concluded that this was not a hardware problem.

Now, I also am convinced there must be a problem with the HW. I've uninstalled and re-installed the OS, drivers, numerous times to no success. I guess I'll have to go to the Lenovo service center and leave the machine so that they can perform the tests they need to perform and then repair/replace the machine accordingly. 

Do you have any other suggestion or coment before I do that?

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 268
Message 34 of 61

Till now, I have tried some times on machines in my side (still not reproduce your bug)and also report the bug to the driver owner. May have some special feedback on next monday from the driver owner.

But I also suggest you to go to the service to replace the audio HW to see if there is also the same issue after that. Because we have done a lot of practices to see if it is a driver issue. Till now I find that it seems not related with the software, seems more like a HW issue.

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 264
Message 35 of 61

Alright, thanks a lot for you help. Let me know if something comes back from the driver people but I'm not to hopefull. I'll try and go to the service center today.

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 225
Message 36 of 61

Could you please capture a picture like below? The owner feedback that “Intel Smart Sound Technology” under “Sound, video and games controllers” is a child device of ISST OED. If there is YB of the OED, then the intel Smart Sound Technology should be missing.

1.jpg

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 209
Message 37 of 61

@AmyYu wrote:

Could you please capture a picture like below? The owner feedback that “Intel Smart Sound Technology” under “Sound, video and games controllers” is a child device of ISST OED. If there is YB of the OED, then the intel Smart Sound Technology should be missing.

Hi, sure. I'm not sure what means "If there is YB of the OED"?

I feel we've been there already: the OED one show s a yellow mark. When I look at it's properties, it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

FW did not sent FW Ready notification."

Here's the picture:

Annotation 2019-08-12 163103.png

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 190
Message 38 of 61

"If there is YB of the OED"? It means that there is a yellow mark of the OED driver. You can check that your picture shows a yellow mark of the OED driver.

As you said "the OED one shows a yellow mark. When I look at it's properties, it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

FW did not sent FW Ready notification." What "FW did not sent FW Ready notification" means?

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 165
Message 39 of 61

@AmyYu wrote:

"If there is YB of the OED"? It means that there is a yellow mark of the OED driver. You can check that your picture shows a yellow mark of the OED driver.

As you said "the OED one shows a yellow mark. When I look at it's properties, it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

FW did not sent FW Ready notification." What "FW did not sent FW Ready notification" means?

Understood for YB, the yellow mark, thanks.

This quote is the error message, I don't know what it means and hopefully someone on your end knows. Here's a screenshot:

Annotation 2019-08-13 074637.png

That is what I see when the latest driver is installed, as shown in the picture in my last post, the one you asked for.

Now, as I mentioned a few times, IF I install an older driver, the speakers on my system work, the microphones not. The OED driver still show a YB, and the error message is slitghtly different:

Annotation 2019-08-13 075323.png

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 155
Message 40 of 61

Please download a special package from below FTP(you can download a FileZilla):

sftp:// 113.106.73.75(cpy all including the sftp)  no port
username:ms
password:1qasw@

path:/BCT/MS/customer

Before installing the package, please disconnect any network and check if your bug can be resolved or not?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors