Message 41 of 61

Re: X1 Carbon 7th Gen sound card can't start

@AmyYu wrote:

Please download a special package from below FTP(you can download a FileZilla):

sftp:// 113.106.73.75(cpy all including the sftp)  no port
username:ms
password:1qasw@

path:/BCT/MS/customer

Before installing the package, please disconnect any network and check if your bug can be resolved or not?

I downloaded the package, disconnected all network (set plane mode), installed the package. It rebooted twice as indicated and in the end the problem remains. Here's a capture of the driver version installed:

new.png

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 253
Message 42 of 61

Could you help provide the screen shot of Audio Controller and OED driver? thank you!

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 243
Message 43 of 61

@AmyYu wrote:

Could you help provide the screen shot of Audio Controller and OED driver? thank you!

Here:

one.png

two.png

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 211
Message 44 of 61

Thank you very much for the screenshots.

The OED and Audio Controller drivers already match, but the YB still happened.

Could you please get a screenshot of the BIOS Menu?

We would like to confirm some settings on their system.

1. Reboot system.
  2. Press F1 when Lenovo logo appears.
Johor
Punch Card
Views: 190
Message 45 of 61

@AmyYu wrote:

Thank you very much for the screenshots.

The OED and Audio Controller drivers already match, but the YB still happened.

Could you please get a screenshot of the BIOS Menu?

We would like to confirm some settings on their system.

1. Reboot system.
  2. Press F1 when Lenovo logo appears.

I don't know how to take screenshots of the BIOS so I took pictures. Here:

I took a picture of the Configuration page as well. Nothing about audio there. Should there be?

20190814_091841770_iOS.jpg

I start to wonder: would it be possible that the micorphones are just not plugged properly in the machine? They never worked. I get audio out (speakers) to work with an older driver, not with the most recent one. But even then, microphones do not appear at all...

Moderator edit by bananaman: Masked serial number to prevent mischief.

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 167
Message 46 of 61

It seems that the MEFW has an issue as it doesn’t appear in the BIOS menu.

This may be the cause why OED is not working correctly.

Also, the owner clarify about the Microphones.

On a properly working system, you can see that the “Detection Verification”, “Intel Smart Sound Technology” and the Microphone array are under OED.

You can confirm it by selecting “View by Connection” in the Device Manager.

Since the OED has a problem (yellow mark), those three devices will be missing and won’t work correctly.

1.jpg

As of now, the owner feedback that it may be caused by  SW or FW issue, rather than HW.

Could you please gather the logs (the 2nd and 3rd logs can captured by the tool attached)

1.capture a picture of Device manager->system devices->Intel Management Engine, and check if there is YB

2.FWSTS (MEInfoWin64.exe –fwsts)

3.MEINFO –verbose(MEInfoWin64.exe –verbose) logs

4.Also, I would like to make sure, whether you experiencing “any”(slow boot, error after you see the Lenovo Logo, etc.) at system boot?

After you captured the logs, please try to perform recovery procedures: and see if your problem can be resolved

1.Force shutdown -> check if ME is recovered in BIOS -> check if Yellowbang disappears.

2.G3 (shutdown, remove battery then reattach) -> check if ME is recovered in BIOS -> check if Yellowbang disappears.

3.Remove coin battery(wait for 15sec then reattach) -> check if ME is recovered in BIOS -> check if Yellowbang disappears.

4.Manual update of MEFW using the following command,
(for manual update, customer needs to download MEFW package from support site https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/jp/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-..., extract the package, open powershell/command prompt, navigate to MEFW package, then run the update command below)

FWUpdLcl64.exe -F ME_12.0_Corp.bin -OEMID 4C656E6F-766F-0000-0000-000000000000 -allowsv –y”

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 139
Message 47 of 61

@AmyYu wrote:

It seems that the MEFW has an issue as it doesn’t appear in the BIOS menu.

This may be the cause why OED is not working correctly.

Also, the owner clarify about the Microphones.

On a properly working system, you can see that the “Detection Verification”, “Intel Smart Sound Technology” and the Microphone array are under OED.

You can confirm it by selecting “View by Connection” in the Device Manager.

Since the OED has a problem (yellow mark), those three devices will be missing and won’t work correctly.

1.jpg

As of now, the owner feedback that it may be caused by  SW or FW issue, rather than HW.

Could you please gather the logs (the 2nd and 3rd logs can captured by the tool attached)

1.capture a picture of Device manager->system devices->Intel Management Engine, and check if there is YB

2.FWSTS (MEInfoWin64.exe –fwsts)

3.MEINFO –verbose(MEInfoWin64.exe –verbose) logs

4.Also, I would like to make sure, whether you experiencing “any”(slow boot, error after you see the Lenovo Logo, etc.) at system boot?

After you captured the logs, please try to perform recovery procedures: and see if your problem can be resolved

1.Force shutdown -> check if ME is recovered in BIOS -> check if Yellowbang disappears.

2.G3 (shutdown, remove battery then reattach) -> check if ME is recovered in BIOS -> check if Yellowbang disappears.

3.Remove coin battery(wait for 15sec then reattach) -> check if ME is recovered in BIOS -> check if Yellowbang disappears.

4.Manual update of MEFW using the following command,
(for manual update, customer needs to download MEFW package from support site https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/jp/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-..., extract the package, open powershell/command prompt, navigate to MEFW package, then run the update command below)

FWUpdLcl64.exe -F ME_12.0_Corp.bin -OEMID 4C656E6F-766F-0000-0000-000000000000 -allowsv –y”

Hi,

Here is the screenshot, no YB for Device manager->system devices->Intel Management Engine:

Intel management .png

Then, I ran the command  C:\MEINFO\Windows64\MEInfoWin64.exe -FWSTS in a Powershell with admin rights, after having put the MEINFO folder in the root of my C drive. Running it from Window-R command would let me because of missing admin rights.

I didn't get a log file from that but captured the resulting screen:

Log 1.pngIf I run this command: C:\MEINFO\Windows64\MEInfoWin64.exe -verbose as I understood you indicated, I get this:

Verbose error.pngI am not very savvy with command line, logs etc, I could use more detailed instructions.

Then, I'm not ready to open the computer and remove the battery or the coin battery. I'll try to update the MEFW manually and see if that helps.

For the logs please send me more detailed instructions and I'll provide them as soon as I can.

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 138
Message 48 of 61

I tried the manual update of the Intel Management Engine and ran this command in a Powershell with admin rights:

C:\DRIVERS\WIN\ME\FWUpdLcl64.exe -F ME_12.0_Corp.bin -OEMID 4C656E6F-766F-0000-0000-000000000000 -ALLOWSV -Y

I figured that the command line options have to be all caps, that's fine (your suggestion wasn't with all caps and I first ran into an error that options were wrong). Now I get an error that the file doesn't exist, I made sure it is there. Would there be another syntax error? Again, I'm not savvy with command line:

Firmware error.png

Lenovo Employee AmyYu
Lenovo Employee
Views: 129
Message 49 of 61

do you download the MEFW successfully?

Johor
Punch Card
Views: 125
Message 50 of 61

Yes I did, here's a screenshot:

Driver.png

How about the other 2 logs you asked for, do you have other instructions so that I can get them to you?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors