IL

62 Signins

313 Page Views

• Views: 313
  • Message 21 of 25

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation G7 - Trackpad Lags / Delays

2020-10-06, 4:12 AM

@ waldkauz wrote:

Is anyone aware of any solution to this issue yet? I've tried hard to follow all suggestions out there without success. Being unable to use the trackpad in 50% of the time is very annoying, the issue comes and goes, there is no obvious pattern for me, can be immediately after reboot or after extensive use for quite a time. It would help me a lot finding out whether this is a hardware or software issue, but as the thing works fine in 50% of the time I'd tend to think it's the latter, but who knows. Before contacting support and requesting repair it would be great to find out, as this is my key working device which I'm depending on. Thanks in advance to the community for some thoughts!

this fix the problem completely for me ! Try it and tell me :

after 5 days being diagnoses this problem , I find the key of the problem but I want you to confirm please :

go to battery setting -power and sleep - and make sure the screen time out is exactly the same as sleep time . 

the problem happens when the screen turn off but not when the laptop go to sleep . 

*** if screen off time is 5 mins and the sleep time is 30 mins . leave your laptop for 10 mins ( more than 5 and less than 30 mins ) and try to wake it up and you will see the problem .

hope this fix our problem and please share your try here !

Options

5 Posts

07-08-2020

CA

12 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 22 of 25

2020-10-06, 19:13 PM
Thanks a lot for your thoughts, I've now set screen and sleep times to equal values both for battery and AC. However, as the issue comes and goes, I can't tell yet whether this will help, I'll keep you updated!
Options

5 Posts

07-08-2020

CA

12 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 23 of 25

2020-10-16, 13:45 PM

@ MohammadBQ wrote:

after 5 days being diagnoses this problem , I find the key of the problem but I want you to confirm please :

go to battery setting -power and sleep - and make sure the screen time out is exactly the same as sleep time . 

the problem happens when the screen turn off but not when the laptop go to sleep . 

*** if screen off time is 5 mins and the sleep time is 30 mins . leave your laptop for 10 mins ( more than 5 and less than 30 mins ) and try to wake it up and you will see the problem .

hope this fix our problem and please share your try here !

After about two weeks I can report that the issue only came up once after hibernate but never after sleep, the settings are: screen/sleep: 10min/10min on battery and 5h/5h on AC. Maybe I'm just lucky, maybe that's the solution? We'll see ...

In any case, even if this were indeed the solution to this issue, if I were Lenovo and were selling premium business notebooks such as the X1 Carbon, I'd find it embarrassing that users have to find out strange solutions to make a core functionality (trackpad) work. I did not see any Lenovo representative comment on this annoying issue yet, which I find sad.

Options

4 Posts

09-22-2020

US

13 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 24 of 25

2020-10-27, 1:23 AM

I agree. I did not expect a $1500 laptop, X1 Gen 7, to have a serious touchpad\cursor issue. Lenovo really needs to fix this issue.

Options

17 Posts

04-27-2016

SK

29 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 25 of 25

2020-10-27, 8:53 AM

I've just received brand new Carbon X1 7th (manufactured 5.2020)  after I  returned  my same 7th gen Carbon with the touchpad response issue (manufactured 9/2019). 

There's  same problem on the new device !!! Everytime I hit the touchpad button, the touchpad is not responsive for 100-400ms , for example when moving opened window accross the screen, you hit the button and right after you want to move the window, there's this delay. 

The power options solution does not work . Interestingly I have also 3rd  Carbon 7th (also manufactured 9/2019) and there's no touchpad problem. 

Thanks God these are devices paid by employer , I know i would never buy any Lenovo personally. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete