Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

01-01-2021

Singapore

6 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 31 of 36

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation G7 - Trackpad Lags / Delays

2021-01-13, 21:37 PM

I have the same issue still, so I need to set long hours not to sleep in power and battery. Screen can't turn off in order for the issue not to come back.

That's the only work around that cursor will keep function as normal. But lenovo please help to fix. that is my main concern to buy x1 nano, the lightest laptop need to rely on trackpad.

Options

1 Posts

01-25-2021

Spain

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 32 of 36

2021-01-25, 10:32 AM

Thanks for your comments. I think I have fixed the problem with an update. For x1 carbon 7th intel graphics control panel has been replaced by intel graphics command center. In my laptop both programs were installed by default. When you open intel graphics command center, it suggests to delete intel graphics control panel. I did this, and i disabled the options in the Power submenu of the program: extend battery life for games, automatic refresh of the panel and screen battery save. It is working for me. I will write an update in a month.

Options

1 Posts

02-19-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 33 of 36

2021-02-19, 20:22 PM

We've purchased about 15 of these X1 Carbon laptop and for the most part they are great but we've had several with this trackpad issue. I've tried everything and the only thing that has worked so far is what you recommend. Delete the Intel Graphics Control Panel and turn off all of the power options in the Graphics Command Center. The trackpad is very responsive now. Thank you!!

Options

1 Posts

02-20-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 34 of 36

2021-02-20, 14:15 PM

Struggling with this problem intermittedly for the past six months or so on a X1 7th gen. I have tried the steps outlined here in this thread and others including deleting the Intel Control Panel application and disabling all the power options in the Intel Graphics Command Center. It doesn't work. Would love to read a real solution to the issue or at least hear Lenovo acknowledge it. The only real workaround I've found is to physically close the laptop and then re-open it. First (and probably last) time thinkpad owner. 

Options

15 Posts

07-08-2020

Canada

30 Signins

200 Page Views

• Views: 200
  • Message 35 of 36

2021-06-21, 13:34 PM

There is another thread on this issue here ("X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad"), where a link to the following solution was posted:

In the Registry:

Add the key "PlatformAoAcOverride" as DWORD32 with HEX value "0" at: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\

This entry switches the standby mode from the super modern S0 mode "Sleep (Modern Standby)" to the old S3"Sleep" mode. Having done this two weeks ago, I've not experienced the touchpad issue for a single time, so it seems obvious it has to do with low power mode. This is further supported by the fact that you can always get rid of the issue by sending the notebook to sleep and then using the touchpad on the login screen.

I do not see much disadvantage in using S3 sleep mode, the machine is not connected to the web though, but it uses less power. At least it is a viable temporary solution until Lenovo figures out how to permanently solve that issue (if ever). However, given the timeline of this discussion I'm not very optimistic that this will ever happen.

Options

9 Posts

01-01-2021

Singapore

6 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 36 of 36

2021-08-07, 19:39 PM

After struggling for year, I think I fix trackpad delay issue in my x1 carbon 7 gen, after sleep or idle PC.

I tried intel graphic command turn off all power saving there doesn't solve it.

I found reddit post the other day and tried it and it look like resolve.

I know it is pain to struggle with trackpad doesn't work after a while and reset is not possible all the time.

1-Go to device manager

2- Under Human Interface Device > click l2C HID device> go to Power Management > uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

3- Under System devices > click Intel(R) Serial IO l2c Host controller - 9DE9 (i think that number might change confirm in step 2 General tab) - go to power management in here and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Then reboot and confirm again in step 2 and 3 and the box are still uncheck. If issue come back either one of the box is automatically checked in step 2 and 3. However uncheck step 2 first and then step 3 will make it permanent.

Sometime that checkbox automatically came back as one of them check, for me I uncheck there is another Intel(R) Serial IO l2c Host controller - 9DE8 (previous one is 9DE9) , uncheck power management box here too.

It resolve for me finally, however I need to monitor whether is there any major impact to the battery usage during standby or sleep because of this.

Lenovo, please fix it.

Good luck other users and I hope this resolve your trackpad issue. For me it's fine now.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms