Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

25 Posts

03-16-2010

United States of America

37 Signins

198 Page Views

• Views: 198
  • Message 21 of 88

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad

2020-07-08, 22:02 PM

Also looking for any answers.  This is terrible.  This is my 3rd X1 and first with such terrible issues.  My touchpad just randomly starts responding to about 1/4 of my movements.  The only option is to use an external mouse, this is my work laptop that I travel with a lot, can't use a mouse of the shrinking airplane tables.

Seriously Lenovo, not that you read or care about these forums and/or posts, but let me put it this way, I've always been a lenovo fan.  So much so that I work for a Dell subsidiary and I bought this as my business laptop.  Think about that, a Dell employee walking into Dell offices, with a Lenovo.  Maybe it's time to have IT order me an XPS13.

I'm pissed, oh and I paid extra for your premium support for 3yrs but I can't get onsite support. 

As for the touchpad issue, I have also replaced the touchpad and the issue persists, which tells me it's likely this crappy driver.  I've uninstalled all drivers, uninstalled the devices, reverted the touchpad to it's original settings multiple times, etc.  nothing helps.  Only thing that seems to work is an external mouse, or sometimes rebooting fixes it, but I can't do that all the time.

Options

25 Posts

04-27-2016

Slovakia

38 Signins

271 Page Views

• Views: 271
  • Message 22 of 88

2020-07-10, 17:39 PM

Well, I have two  X1 Carbons 7th 20QE  here with 19/09 sticker ,  1st with the Thunderbolt ROM issue,   2nd with this touchpad lag problem. 

Touchpad on 1st one  works perfectly well,  no lagging.  Touchpad on 2nd device  has the same symptoms as described in this tread - 

after pressing touchpad/keybord buttons, it stops working for 0,5 sec . Pretty annoying and simply  it can't be used in this case. Maybe for youtube watching and scrolling, yes.

Both runs same WIN10. 

1st WITHOUT touchpad problem :

When I launch SynReflash from Lenovo site , it gave me these options and two Devices seen in the list : 

• Device :  Synaptics TouchPad on SMB Port ,  two FW list  : pr3013412-tm-p3468-010.img    and  pr3013337-tm-p3467-010.img   , current FW  version : Unknown
  • I can't start this update, Start button is frozen

• Device : Synaptics HID Device ,   FW list : pr3013337-tm-p3467-010.img  ,  current FW 2949533 
  • Here I'm able to run the update to version 3013337    (but I do not want ! ) 
  • I never performed touchpad update on this device

2nd device WITH touchapd problem : 

• has the Synaptics firmware above updated tru the Lenovo System update
  • touchpad is lagging even : 
    • -during WIN10  installation with wiped out hard drive
    • -also on Linux Mint booted from bootable USB 

This makes me believe it has something to do with the firmware version ? Yes or not  there are so many complaints regarding this over the net  and still not fixed more than a year. 

Options

25 Posts

03-16-2010

United States of America

37 Signins

198 Page Views

• Message 23 of 88

2020-07-10, 20:53 PM

I've noticed lately that when the touchpad stops responding to movement, or jumps around (that is, I can swipe from far right to left on the touchpad and it only moves like an inch on the screen), the single and double click functions of the touchpad stop working well also.  I can hear it click, feel it click, but it doesn't work in the OS.

Super frustrating, I've also applied the current synaptics firmware with no help.

I now have had to re-enable my trackpoint just as a backup since the touchpad is so unreliable.

Options

1 Posts

07-11-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 24 of 88

2020-07-11, 19:39 PM

I don't know if the issue you are describing is the same one as I have, but it sounds similar. The issue I'm having is that it seems to take a second or two for the touchpad to register my touch. So if I put my finger on the touchpad for a second, I am then able to move the cursor around without any lag. The same thing is true for two-finger scroll - if I hold the fingers still for a short moment before I attempt to scroll, it works. The issue is usually fixed by rebooting or even just putting the device to sleep and waking it up again. Still, it is a fairly new and expensive laptop. And, as somebody already pointed out, it is a very basic function that does not work properly. Maybe Lenovo should get a move on and fix this problem!

Options

25 Posts

03-16-2010

United States of America

37 Signins

198 Page Views

• Message 25 of 88

2020-07-16, 15:54 PM

Sounds very close to the same issue i'm having.  It is crazy how ridiculously simple this function should be, and it's something that has worked for many years just fine.

I've also noticed for me that the issue seems to happen almost anytime I physically move my laptop.  That is, it may be working just fine, then if I pick up my laptop and say take it to another room, it's almost guaranteed the touch pad won't respond to movement properly.  As I said, i've already replaced the touchpad and it still does it.

But to your point, when it's not working, if you put your finger on it for a couple seconds then try to move, it seems to respond a bit, but if you take your finger off of the touchpad, it stops responding again, until you set your finger in the same spot for a couple more seconds.  This isn't functional.

but this is terribly annoying.  Bueler? Lenovo, you out there?  Care to help us?

Options

11 Posts

04-19-2016

Canada

21 Signins

208 Page Views

• Views: 208
  • Message 26 of 88

2020-07-29, 19:00 PM

I'm having exactly the same annoying issue (7th Gen, 20QE). Most of the time there is a ca. 1 sec delay before the touchpad starts working. Then it works fine and precisely, but once I lift my fingers the same delay occurs again for the next time. Is there any solution yet? 

Meanwhile, I've stopped using the touchpad as it is essentially non-functional. But to be honest, I don't see why it can be possible with a company's "flagship device" that a core functionality such as the touchpad is not reliable, that's a joke. 

It's more than disappointing that nobody seems to care at Lenovo. 

Options

25 Posts

03-16-2010

United States of America

37 Signins

198 Page Views

• Message 27 of 88

2020-08-06, 3:34 AM

Hey, give this a shot, seems to have really helped make mine work better.  It takes a tad getting used to as the pointer now isn't quite as accurate, but it works much better so far.

Assuming you're on win10, click on start and type "touchpad" and press enter.

You should be on the touchpad settings screen at this point.  Once there, on the right hand side of the window, click on "Additional Settings".

From there, you should see the Mouse Properties window.  Tap the "Pointer Options" tab.

Directly below the pointer speed slider, you should see a box that says "Enhance pointer precision".

Make sure that is unchecked - again make sure it is NOT enabled.  Mine was by default.

Literally it started working better immediately.

Let me know if that helps.

Options

137 Posts

01-10-2016

United States of America

107 Signins

1062 Page Views

• Views: 1062
  • Message 28 of 88

2020-08-28, 18:49 PM

I am not pleased with the touchpad, primarily 2 finger scrolling does not work well and there does not appear to be a means to adjust it unlike another LOW END Lenovo Laptop I owned.  It appears that the only adjustment for scrolling speed is reserved for the Trackpoint -- which doesn't work well for me.  From what I have read, if one uses an external mouse, it also solves the problems. I have surmised the problem is related to Microsoft's Precision Track Pad Driver combined.  Microsoft's driver doesn't have many options for adjusting 2 finger scrolling -- either 2 finger scrolling is on, or it isn't, and Microsoft's driver appears not to have 2 finger scrolling rate baked in.  in Lenovo's implementation, they have decided that Mouse Scrolling rate is reserved for either the Trackpoint or an external mouse.  So the short of it is, if you want to scroll fast then you have to use the trackpoint.  The other trouble with Microsoft's 2 finger scrolling driver is that there is no separate control for horizontal 2 finger scrolling, so I find that when I scroll on the touchpad some applications -- especially browsers "jiggle" side-to-side when I am scrolling.

On a separate note, I was somewhat disappointed that I couldn't even talk to anyone on the phone about this issue, unless I first wanted to pay for a service contract.  That's a totally new one of me -- I never heard of a computer manufacturer or any product for that matter that wouldn't provide ANY free post purchase support.

It's a real shame.  I really like this product with the exception of the 2 finger scrolling on the trackpad.  So, if I can't live with this scrolling issue then I guess I will have to return the device which is what I will probably do. 

Options

1 Posts

09-11-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 29 of 88

2020-09-11, 1:44 AM

I have the same non-responsive/lag issue with my X1C7.  I have onsite support.  I opened a support ticket a couple of weeks ago, and the first contact I had from Lenovo was a tech who wanted to arrange an on-site visit (i.e., there was no effort to troubleshoot the issue remotely).  The tech arrived, and just replaced my trackpad.  The issue resolved for a couple of weeks and has unfortunately since returned.  So, I think this is likely a firmware/driver issue and not one of defective trackpads.

Should I just keep opening support tickets?  I find this problem so annoying, and there's some sort of twisted satisfaction in forcing lenovo to repeatedly send a tech to my house as punishment for their refusal to fix this critical issue.

Options

25 Posts

03-16-2010

United States of America

37 Signins

198 Page Views

• Message 30 of 88

2020-10-08, 13:33 PM

I was wrong, the issues still persist.  This touchpad has been the most unreliable I've ever had, and I've had probably 30-35 laptops over the years.  Very disappointed Lenovo, and you don't seem to care.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)