Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

01-04-2021

Poland

39 Signins

230 Page Views

  • Posts: 17
  • Registered: ‎01-04-2021
  • Location: Poland
  • Views: 230
  • Message 61 of 84

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad

2021-01-20, 11:09 AM

and do you guys have that issue straight after system boot?

i'm just after reboot and all is fine so far

 

Reply
Options

17 Posts

01-04-2021

Poland

39 Signins

230 Page Views

  • Posts: 17
  • Registered: ‎01-04-2021
  • Location: Poland
  • Views: 230
  • Message 62 of 84

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad

2021-01-20, 11:15 AM

@Jwes_Lenovo any help from your side, seems like issue is still present for many users?

Reply
Options

25 Posts

04-27-2016

Slovakia

38 Signins

271 Page Views

  • Posts: 25
  • Registered: ‎04-27-2016
  • Location: Slovakia
  • Views: 271
  • Message 63 of 84

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad

2021-01-20, 15:06 PM

From the moment I can move the cursor once Win screen appears the problem is there (the one with touchpad movement lag while pressing trackpad buttons) . 

 But problem was even during the Win installation on formatted laptops (I tried on two Carbons 7th) and on the very first installation screen loaded from USB.  I tried some time ago and I think there was no problem in BIOS ,  you can try yourself.

Makes me believe that this is not about Win drivers.

Reply
Options

13 Posts

09-01-2020

Lebanon

22 Signins

125 Page Views

  • Posts: 13
  • Registered: ‎09-01-2020
  • Location: Lebanon
  • Views: 125
  • Message 64 of 84

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad

2021-01-20, 16:55 PM

@ EyJey47 wrote:

and do you guys have that issue straight after system boot?

i' just after reboot and all is fine so far

 

 

Problem appears directly after system reboot.

Reply
Options

17 Posts

01-04-2021

Poland

39 Signins

230 Page Views

  • Posts: 17
  • Registered: ‎01-04-2021
  • Location: Poland
  • Views: 230
  • Message 65 of 84

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad

2021-01-21, 10:31 AM

Do you know guys how to request Expert input in thread? Maybe we should be more demanding and get resolution?

 

I have requested @Jwes_Lenovo  to join and help us but so far no input.

Reply
Options

13 Posts

09-01-2020

Lebanon

22 Signins

125 Page Views

  • Posts: 13
  • Registered: ‎09-01-2020
  • Location: Lebanon
  • Views: 125
  • Message 66 of 84

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad

2021-01-22, 23:20 PM

@ EyJey47 wrote:

Do you know guys how to request Expert input in thread? Maybe we should be more demanding and get resolution?

 

I have requested @Jwes_Lenovo  to join and help us but so far no input.

 

@Jwes_Lenovo & @Lorenzo_Lenovo or any other Lenovo support member should escalate this matter to the Technical team.

I don't understand how it's being totally ignored?

Reply
Options

11 Posts

07-08-2020

Canada

23 Signins

145 Page Views

  • Posts: 11
  • Registered: ‎07-08-2020
  • Location: Canada
  • Views: 145
  • Message 67 of 84

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad

2021-01-24, 14:16 PM

@ soskolin wrote:

Makes me believe that this is not about Win drivers.

 

Has anybody reported the issue on this notebook running Linux? I've read somewhere that this is not the case ...

 

As I mentioned earlier, the absolutely stupid solution for my machine is to take care to use the touchpad as very first thing on the logon screen immediately after the machine comes out of sleep/hibernate, then it has (up to now) always kept working properly until next low power state. I think that nobody from Lenovo addresses this issue is either a sign that they don't care (don't want to believe this) or they are unable to resolve this (can't imagine), so I don't understand it ...

Reply
Options

4 Posts

11-20-2020

Austria

5 Signins

30 Page Views

  • Posts: 4
  • Registered: ‎11-20-2020
  • Location: Austria
  • Views: 30
  • Message 68 of 84

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad

2021-01-24, 19:03 PM

Hello,

 

I just received very sad news from Lenovo support.

The delay is deliberately made by Lenovo as "works as designed". Lenovo does not want that the Clickpad and the Trackpoint is used simultaneously and in combination!

Here is the original wording (in German): 

"Wie Sie bereits befürchtet haben, ist es so, dass diese Touchpad-Verzögerung als „works as designed“ gesehen wird.

Der Hintergrund hierfür ist, dass die Nutzung des Touchpads und der Clickpad Tasten gleichzeitig, so eigentlich nicht vorgesehen ist.

Die Clickpad Tasten sind laut Engineering für die Nutzung in Verbindung mit dem Trackpoint gedacht."

 

Who gives Lenovo the right to decide, how I should use my computer??? 

 

This is a very disapointing fact for me, as I bought a this expensive Lenovo exactely for the purpose of using the Clickpad with the right hand and the buttons of the Trackpoint with the left hand... If I had known this before I would have never bought this machine.

 

It took two months of discussion with Lenovo (but I must say that the support person of Lenovo was very eager and competent) that they finally came up with this statement... I don't know why this is not openly communicated to all the users suffering from this "defect".

 

Very sad and disapointing.

 

 

 

 

Reply
Options

17 Posts

01-04-2021

Poland

39 Signins

230 Page Views

  • Posts: 17
  • Registered: ‎01-04-2021
  • Location: Poland
  • Views: 230
  • Message 69 of 84

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad

2021-01-25, 10:21 AM

@ Rudi_AUT wrote:

Hello,

 

I just received very sad news from Lenovo support.

The delay is deliberately made by Lenovo as "works as designed". Lenovo does not want that the Clickpad and the Trackpoint is used simultaneously and in combination!

Here is the original wording (in German): 

"Wie Sie bereits befürchtet haben, ist es so, dass diese Touchpad-Verzögerung als „works as designed“ gesehen wird.

Der Hintergrund hierfür ist, dass die Nutzung des Touchpads und der Clickpad Tasten gleichzeitig, so eigentlich nicht vorgesehen ist.

Die Clickpad Tasten sind laut Engineering für die Nutzung in Verbindung mit dem Trackpoint gedacht."

 

Who gives Lenovo the right to decide, how I should use my computer??? 

 

This is a very disapointing fact for me, as I bought a this expensive Lenovo exactely for the purpose of using the Clickpad with the right hand and the buttons of the Trackpoint with the left hand... If I had known this before I would have never bought this machine.

 

It took two months of discussion with Lenovo (but I must say that the support person of Lenovo was very eager and competent) that they finally came up with this statement... I don' know why this is not openly communicated to all the users suffering from this "defect".

 

Very sad and disapointing.

 

 

Thanks for your input but it is not logical for me at all as we do experience two kinds of issues and those issues in my opinion are not linked with using touchpoint & touchpad at the same time:

 

Issue #1 - Cursor lag - this is purely touchpad issue, as you don't need to touch you touchpoint or buttons but you still experience problem

Issue #2 - Button click issue - this happens when you use keyboard and then you want to click on something, then you need to click twice as first click is not registered

 

BTW - issue is not present for me for last days, but in my case it was not permanent but rather random

 

Any input from you experts? @Andy_Lenovo @Mark_Lenovo @Lorenzo_Lenovo @Jwes_Lenovo @Serene_Lenovo @Cleo_Lenovo 

Reply
Options

6 Posts

06-15-2015

Copenhagen

11 Signins

24 Page Views

  • Posts: 6
  • Registered: ‎06-15-2015
  • Location: Copenhagen
  • Views: 24
  • Message 70 of 84

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad

2021-01-25, 18:04 PM

Thanks for this update straight from the horses mouth. 

It isn't surprising though, as it reflects the one official Lenovo person that has answered on this forum with the same reply.

The weird thing is that this doesn't happen on the other ThinkPad models. At least not on T480's, T490s etc.

Very weird choice from Lenovo. I work at an MSP and I will definetly start thinking about selling more Dell laptops again. Lenovo are just too far removed from what their customers want.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms