Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

01-04-2021

Poland

42 Signins

240 Page Views

• Views: 240
  • Message 81 of 91

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Generation Touchpad

2021-03-15, 14:51 PM

I have raised incident to Lenovo, lets see how they are going to resolve it.

Options

1 Posts

03-22-2021

Norway

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 82 of 91

2021-03-22, 20:57 PM

@ EyJey47 wrote:

Thx for reply, anyone tried to send for warranty repair?

Hi 

Yes I have had my touchpad replaced once and had a visit of service a second time where I was told to reinstall Windows. Still have the issue.

LL

Options

6 Posts

06-15-2015

Copenhagen

11 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 83 of 91

2021-03-22, 22:01 PM

Everyone needs to report this issue to lenovo support. Preferably by phone -explaining the issue in detail. Lenovo is not going to do anything about it otherwise. They have already stated that they believe this is intended behaviour.

Options

18 Posts

01-04-2021

Poland

42 Signins

240 Page Views

• Message 84 of 91

2021-03-23, 7:12 AM

Everyone needs to report this issue to lenovo support. Preferably by phone -explaining the issue in detail. Lenovo is not going to do anything about it otherwise. They have already stated that they believe this is intended behaviour.

agree, let's do that

Options

15 Posts

07-08-2020

Canada

29 Signins

195 Page Views

• Views: 195
  • Message 85 of 91

2021-04-12, 12:52 PM

Regarding reinstalling Windows ... I've just installed Win10 from the Lenovo recovery medium from scratch on a new SSD, problem prevails. Also, the firmware update Lenovo Vantage installed did not change anything. In 1/5 resumes from sleep the touchpad lags, this is an annoying bug for a professional notebook.

If I'd use this for gaming or leisure I'd care less, but if you need to put your notebook back to sleep if you're in contact with customers or professional partners "... sorry, please wait a moment, this is a well known Lenovo bug, I have to work around it by closing the lid again and immediately using the touchpad on the login screen, then it usually works ..." is not exactly the topic most people want to discuss.

It is unbelievable how little Lenovo cares about such issues, it changes my opinion about this company.

Options

18 Posts

01-04-2021

Poland

42 Signins

240 Page Views

• Message 86 of 91

2021-04-12, 13:01 PM

you can try to increase "Touchpad sensitivity" to "Most sensitive" - you can find it in setting/Touchpad

some users report this helps

Options

10250 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26762 Signins

581730 Page Views

• Views: 581730
  • Message 87 of 91

2021-05-06, 13:29 PM

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that you are all experiencing this symptom on your x1 Carbon 7th Gen. I have tried to highlight it to our technicians to get it reproduced and addressed, but it turns out that the symptom has already been examined, and the investigation was concluded with the following statement:

Touchpad freezes using trackpoint buttons:

The behavior is working as designed and will not be changed in relation to the Precision Touchpad technology. The device firmware purposely adds a slight delay in this particular situation. The delay is needed to avoid accidental tapping being recognized in such situations where Trackpoint buttons are used in conjunction with the physical Touchpad, which is not considered a standard use scenario. 

I'm afraid that there won't be a way to circumvent this behavior and I would recommend using the touchpad buttons (pressing down the touchpad) instead of the physical buttons, which in the case of the X1 7th Gen seem to be designed for usage with the TrackPoint.

Best regards,

Admin Edit: Moved to the correct discussion.

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

2 Posts

05-11-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 88 of 91

2021-05-11, 16:42 PM

@ Juraj_Lenovo wrote:

Hi all,

I' sorry to hear that you are all experiencing this symptom on your x1 Carbon 7th Gen. I have tried to highlight it to our technicians to get it reproduced and addressed, but it turns out that the symptom has already been examined, and the investigation was concluded with the following statement:

Touchpad freezes using trackpoint buttons:

The behavior is working as designed and will not be changed in relation to the Precision Touchpad technology. The device firmware purposely adds a slight delay in this particular situation. The delay is needed to avoid accidental tapping being recognized in such situations where Trackpoint buttons are used in conjunction with the physical Touchpad, which is not considered a standard use scenario. 

I' afraid that there won' be a way to circumvent this behavior and I would recommend using the touchpad buttons (pressing down the touchpad) instead of the physical buttons, which in the case of the X1 7th Gen seem to be designed for usage with the TrackPoint.

Best regards,

This is NOT the issue.

The issue is that the touchpad is UN-responsive or has a 1-2 second delay with each touch after a hybrid sleep. No trackpoint buttons are being pressed. I have video of this issue in action. If you close the lid and re-open, then the touchpad works correctly.

Options

15 Posts

07-08-2020

Canada

29 Signins

195 Page Views

• Views: 195
  • Message 89 of 91

2021-06-09, 17:44 PM

Dear Juraj,

First, let me thank you to comment on this issue, as you're the first affiliated with Lenovo to not ignore this ongoing discussion. However, as it has been mentioned above, the issue being addressed here is not the one the cited technicians refer to, as it is not connected to touchpad buttons whatsoever.

The issue is simply that (under circumstances which are yet to be identified) the touchpad shows a 1-2 sec delay every time it is being used irrespective of using buttons, typing or whatever else. The issue reproducibly occurs after sleep. It can be resolved by the following procedure:

(1) send the X1C 7th Gen notebook to sleep

(2) revoke from sleep it while simultaneously using the touchpad; if you don't use the touchpad while revoking it is quite likely that the issue prevails.

Notably, reinstalling Windows from the Lenovo image (on a blank new SSD) does NOT resolve the issue; all latest drivers and firmware updates are installed (via Lenovo Vantage). 

Please be so kind as to push this to be finally investigated properly and be resolved.

Thanks!

Options

2 Posts

05-11-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 90 of 91

2021-06-09, 19:31 PM

I have found that removing S0 aka Connected Standby and switching to S3 aka old standby, the issue disappears. I am currently working with Lenovo regarding this issue.

Reddit thread on Dell laptop

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)