Options

0 Posts

06-08-2020

GB

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 1

X1 Carbon (7th gen) Fibocom L850-GL issue.

2020-06-08, 9:17 AM

Hello all,

I have had my X1 Carbon (7th gen ) for over a month now and am plagued by a persistent issue with the WWAN card and driver since day one when I turned the device on and let windows 10 update followed by Lenovo vantage updates.

If I have to restart my device for a software update etc. upon restart I am met with a constant drone of the connected disconnect hardware noise on windows. I have found this is because the mobile WAN Fibocom L850-GL is not being correctly detected. 

I have found two temporary fixes for this: 

Multiple restarts and power cycling - number of times to restart and cycles has been inconsistent but has been between 2 and 6.

or turning off the noise in windows 10 for hardware connect/disconnect. However, this still means that the hardware behind the scenes will be drawing power etc.

I have tried updating the drivers, both via Lenovo vantage and manually and this has not solved the problem. 

Occasionally I am met with a popup/toast in the lower right of windows, of configuring mobile broadband device. This is stuck at 0%, as per the attached figure and eventually disappears.

I have contacted Lenovo via their twitter support, however, they only suggested what I had already done regarding "updating the drivers". They have since been silent when I have tried to contact them further. 

I will soon be dual booting my device with Linux as part of my job. Therefore , I fear that the current "solution" of multiple restarts will fail when I have to use windows.

Has anyone had this problem before and know of an actual solution?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete