Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

09-21-2012

USA

41 Signins

187 Page Views

• Views: 187
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon AC Adapter Port Problem

2013-11-03, 20:57 PM

There is a small black plastic part that covers the pins on the X1 carbon's AC adapter port. I noticed this plastic piece was no longer in the computer, but rather stuck inside the AC adapter plug. I pulled it out and put it back in the computer. 

I am concerned because this problem happened before and shortly thereafter, my computer would no longer start up. I sent it in for repairs and it turned out the motherboard was fried due to an undisclosed hardware issue that the Lenovo personnel were familiar with. At first I was told I would have to pay $1000 to replace my motherboard, but ultimately Lenovo replaced it for free. I was without my computer for a week. 

I'm not sure the plastic piece coming out of the adapter port is related to the motherboard getting fried, but now I am worried about plugging my computer in. Has anyone else experienced this problem? 

Thanks

Options

4446 Posts

01-22-2010

United States of America

38831 Signins

587691 Page Views

• Views: 587691
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon AC Adapter Port Problem

2013-11-04, 1:59 AM

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms