Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meshasc
What's DOS?
Views: 505
Message 1 of 3

X1 Carbon Can't Upgrade to Windows 10

I recently bought an X1 Carbon (Type 20FB) with Windows 7 preinstalled. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 this week but I keep getting the popup:

Something Went Wrong

Not Enough Disk Space, please run Disk Cleanup an try again. 

Error code: 0x80070070

I'm pretty sure the problem is with Lenovo_Recovery partition which is 1MB shy of being full (Partition size is 12.7GB). I also tried cleaning up the recovery disk but with no luck.

Thoughts?

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 463
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon Can't Upgrade to Windows 10

Make a Windows 7 recovery USB before you upgrade and also you should be able to order a Windows 10 usb recovery off Lenovo for free as long a sticker onto box says you are allowed to order 1 recovery media for free if so and laptop is meant for Windows 10 but came with Windows 7 then order USB recovery with Windows 10 on it Smiley Happy that should solve the problem and reason why you should make a Windows 7 recovery USB is incase you decide to downgrade back to 7 since once you got windows 10 the windows 7 recovery will be wiped.

scotav
Punch Card
Views: 431
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon Can't Upgrade to Windows 10

Hi, I have Windows 7 Pro installed.  I have seen that various people were having issues upgrading to Windows 10 through Microsoft.  I sent for and have received the Windows 10 USB stick from Lenovo and want to do an upgrade from Windows 7.  I don't want to do a clean install as it took me a fair bit of time to install all of my software.  The instructions that came with the USB states that the stick can be used for an upgrade but nothing in them states how to go about it.  Is there anything in the forum that explains the process?  I have been unable to find anything, can anyone help with the upgrade process?  Thanks for your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors