Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PurpleBuffalo
What's DOS?
Views: 150
Message 1 of 3

X1 Carbon Gen 1 Type 3443CTO plastic screen hinge holder

Hi everyone,

I have been looking for a part number that will help with my wobbly screen. The problem is with the little plastic part that surrounds the hinges. It is one long, skinny part that attaches to the screen and stretches across the hinges. I attached a picture of what I mean. I also have another pic of how the laptop doesnt close all the way. Sometimes if the screen wobbles too much it wil go into sleep mode. Not a huge problem but hugly annoying. 

LCD Assembly 00HM966 has the part on it but I cant find a bill of materials for this part.

There are some LCD bezels available, like 04W3903, but that would not work on my machine.

I have been plenty online about replacing the hinges but the hinges arent wobbling. I can see that it is the plastic part moving on the hinge.  

I am willing to macgyver it if anyone has any ideas. 

Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy

TacticalSquid
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 105
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 1 Type 3443CTO plastic screen hinge holder

Found a possible hit on ebay for your part. Check it out. From the looks of it, you have the touch screen right? My X1C1 has the regular "all around the screen" bezel.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-1st-Gen-LCD-Front-Bezel-Hinge-Frame-Cove...
PurpleBuffalo
What's DOS?
Views: 93
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 1 Type 3443CTO plastic screen hinge holder

I think thats it! I am going to order one and see. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors