Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ua951
Paper Tape
Views: 2,239
Message 51 of 58

Re: X1 Carbon (Gen 4) + Onelink+ Dock - Ethernet Sometimes not recognised

This is customer service 101.  Your user base is telling you your products have major issues and instead of proactively solving the identified issues, you are blaming the customers for not organizing the failures by OS.   

Everyone following in this thread was lead to believe that the ethernet port issue solution was close.  No reasonable person would have assumed it was going to be limited to Windows 7 users or that separate posts would be needed for each OS experiencing the issue.

And.... after all this, we still don't know what the status of a fix is for those of us on Windows 8/10.  Are we back at square one as of the posting of a new thread?  

If it is needed, here is my formal OS-specific issue identification:  I am currently on a 4th Gen X1 Carb connected to the Onelink+ dock using Windows 10 Pro and the ethernet is not being recognized.

David_J_W
802.11n
Views: 2,209
Message 52 of 58

As I said in my earlier reply, there appear to be different (but likely related) issues on Windows 7 and on later versions of Windows. The thread was marked as 'Solved' because Lenovo believe that the new USB 3.0 driver for Windows 7 solves the problems on that operating system. The forum software only allows for one 'Solved' per thread and, as the original post related to Windows 7, that's why the thread was marked 'Solved'.

I don't think anyone is minimising the problems that people are clearly having with this hardware and later versions of Windows. I very much doubt that Lenovo use this forum as their primary means of tracking issues, but the request was made that a new thread was started for community discussion of this issue on other operating systems.

Here are links to the new threads. It might be better for any further posts to be made in the relevant thread:

Windows 8.1

Windows 10

WestS
Paper Tape
Views: 1,804
Message 53 of 58

I have updated the firmware and drivers, including USB 3.0, but this problem still persists.  I have an X1 Carbon 4th Gen 20FB running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit version 6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601. BIOS version is N1FET45W (1.19). Intel Core i7-6600U.

avneraa
Paper Tape
Views: 1,695
Message 54 of 58

I have the same issue with new X1 Yoga and windows 10. Any solution insight?

chiragv
Punch Card
Views: 1,496
Message 55 of 58

I too have the same issue. Currently on my THIRD (!!!!!) dock.  Using a X1 Yoga and Onelink+.

Seeking an official solution.  

justinaltman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,491
Message 56 of 58

Not to sound smart, but I suggest buying an ethernet USB 3.0 Dongle and using it with your dock.  Lenovo refuses to fix this issue even though there has been a huge outcry from users on it.  

I finally gave up and use the 3.0 dongle I bought from Amazon.  Seems to be working fine other than the fact that the top of the line business laptop/dock I bought has never worked correctly without aftermarket parts hooked to it.

Justin

KevinJGallagher
What's DOS?
Views: 1,424
Message 57 of 58

I'm running the 20FC model and I am having this issue as well across my enterprise. The latest USB driver did not fix the issue for our win 7 64 bit 4th gen X1s.

I guess I will have to raise a little hell on Monday?

Poor form, Lenovo.

KevinJGallagher
What's DOS?
Views: 1,423
Message 58 of 58

So Amy, for those of us who aren't seeing the issue as resolved when we install the latest usb 3.0 driver, what should we do?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors