Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klonsbury
What's DOS?
Views: 2,020
Message 11 of 58

Re: X1 Carbon (Gen 4) + Onelink+ Dock - Ethernet Sometimes not recognised

Lenovo, 

please address this issue. Every X1 Carbon 4th Gen we've deployed experiences the same issue as described above. 

Thanks,

Kyle 

AkkaponL
Paper Tape
Views: 1,991
Message 12 of 58

I have experianced on this now. sometime it works, someting it's not. unplug and plug it back it's workaround.

Former Employee
Views: 1,972
Message 13 of 58

Lenovo is working on a solution to provide to customers who report that when X1 Carbon systems (Type 20FB, 20FC) are docked via OneLink+, the Ethernet LAN connection is no longer recognized. An updated USB driver is currently under test.

I will provide an update when driver release information becomes available.

Thank you,

B_Banner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,967
Message 14 of 58

Awesome. Thanks for updating us on the situation.
justinaltman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,961
Message 15 of 58

Thanks for the update.  

Former Employee
Views: 1,936
Message 16 of 58

I would like to add one additional note.

At this time, Lenovo believes this issue only occurs on Windows 7. If anyone is experiencing the same issue on a different OS, please let me know.

Thank you,

justinaltman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,933
Message 17 of 58

Yes, I am having this issue on Win 10 Pro (factory installed OS) on a Thinkpad X1 Yoga with Onelink + Dock

bradhi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,908
Message 18 of 58

My company is having this issue on 6  X1 Carbon Gen 4's, alll runing Windows 8.1 x64.

Nathalie1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,819
Message 19 of 58

I don't know why Lenovo doesn't provide the driver for the Onelink+ Dock ethernet port...

But I find it after installing the Windows 7 provided by Lenovo with the laptop.

The driver's name is: ThinkPad Cable dock version 7.08.602.2015 and the Provider is Realtek.

I have copied the folder C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\rtux64w7.inf_amd64_neutral_89133887832ece68 into my deploying server and now the ethernet cable works with the Onelink+ dock and our customized platform under Windows 7 64bits

renjenfensen
What's DOS?
Views: 1,691
Message 20 of 58

This problem is happening on my brand new X1 Yoga with Win10 Pro not able to connect to any internet links through the Onelink+ dock ethernet cable.  My sysadmin thinks it's a problem talking to our DNS, because direct input of IP addresses are able to connect on web browser through the Onelink+ dock ethernet port.  Packets are going out and being received.  When the Onelink+ dock ethernet is enabled, not even with Wifi  being on can the web browser connect to link names, only the IP numbers, and nslookup command in the command prompt fails to connect to DNS.  As soon as I disable Onelink+ dock ethernet from Control Panel and re-enable wireless, internet connection normal.  I am getting by with the Wifi, but really would prefer faster connection via the Onelink+ dock ethernet. 

When will the new driver of for ther Onelink+ dock ethernet be available? Where can I download this?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors