Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinaltman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,380
Message 31 of 58

Re: X1 Carbon (Gen 4) + Onelink+ Dock - Ethernet Sometimes not recognised

Same here for me with X1 Yoga and Onelink + dock.  Installed new driver yesterday but no difference.  Will try the power adapter trick in the morning when I dock back up and see if that works for me also.  I agree it is frustrating to have a laptop/docking station that you hate to undock b/c it is such a pain to get going again.

genslercto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,306
Message 32 of 58

This completely works. 

genslercto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,306
Message 33 of 58

We have multiple reports of disconnected Ethernet ports on these docks. Essentially, the entire dock works, except Windows does not see the Ethernet port. It’s not even in the device manager.

This will occur when the unit is powered up, the attached computer is undocked. Brandhi's procedure works: 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Gen-4-Onelink-Dock-Ethernet-Sometim...

In frustration, I moved away from the X1 Carbon Tablet, only to see the issue again on the X1 Carbon Yoga, even when I replaced the OneLink+ dock with two separate spares we have on site.

I’ve already sent some docks back for RMA, as have several IT staff in the field. My guess is that this is a firmware issue. I can even see the port physically turning on and off during the boot process. Every dock I have had shows this same behavior. Note that we are using Cisco 4500 series Ethernet switches with POE on every port, and I think that is the issue. Many of our offices on traditional Cisco modular switches without POE are not seeing this problem.

Another interesting point is that, even though the port does not show up in Device Manager, and the port lights do not light up, the port is ACTIVE on our Ethernet switch, and lights up there as if it’s working. So, definitely something squirrely. Hoping to see some attention to this.

justinaltman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,299
Message 34 of 58

I am connected to a PoE switch also if that helps with troubleshooting 

David_J_W
802.11n
Views: 1,294
Message 35 of 58

I have had no problems (so far) with my OneLink+ dock's Ethernet port and the latest driver. I'm connected to a switch with 802.3at PoE (the newer, higher powered version of PoE).

Those posting about being connected to a PoE switch: are you connecting to an 802.3af or 802.3at port. It might also be worth stating the switch vendor and series (in my case, ZyXEL GS1920-48HP).

genslercto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,260
Message 36 of 58

They're POE+, 802.11at.

justinaltman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,256
Message 37 of 58

We have a 48 port Unifi switch with 802.3at.  Only other config worth mentioning is the docking station is fed through the phone (Mitel 5330e).  Not sure if it is passing the PoE, but know the switch inside the phone is only a 100mb switch where the phone is fed from a Gig port on the switch.

genslercto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,251
Message 38 of 58

We have the same behavior whether fed from a POE phone, or directly connected. 

AngryJay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,122
Message 39 of 58

I have X1 Yoga and 2 Oneline+ docks, and have been experiencing a similar problem with the ethernet port on the dock. My problem is so weird that our IT guys have given up on it. Here is the full story:

The ethernet port on the Onelink+ dock works fine at home when used with my cable modem, but it does NOT work at my office (work). At first, I suspected a faulty hardware, so I swapped the home and the office docks, but the same result--i.e., the ethernet port of the dock that worked at home did not work at my office. The ethernet connect at my office shouldn't be a problem becuase it works perfectly with other PCs (and even with my X1 Yoga when used with a USB ethernet dongle). So the source of the problem is likely the dock.

At my office, I cannot connect to the ethernet no matter what I do. Connecting and disconnecting all the wires do not help. Rebooting does not help either. My X1 Yoga simply does not recognize the ethernet connection on the dock. Strangely, the ethernet connection indicator on the ethernet port is GREEN, meaning that the dock recognizes the incoming connection.

I was excited when I saw a recent driver update, but it did NOT do anything. As a matter of fact, after the update, even the ethernet connection at home became unstable--so for me, the new driver has made the matter even worse. Very nice Smiley Sad

I've invested a lot of money on this laptop, the docks, and other accessories (e.g., power adapter, etc.). This is supposed to be the top of the line laptop configuration, and it is one of the worst I've had. I hope Lenovo address this ASAP.

B_Banner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,088
Message 40 of 58

My user has been testing the latest driver for a week now.  I will follow up and report back on if this driver has fixed my issues.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors