cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kailow
Not applicable
Views: 97
Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon Gen 4 is wifi magician making signals disappear?

My laptop is an X1carbon 4rth gen with an intel Ac8620 card. I have updated drivers. I tried to connect to my home wifi, and as it tried to connect, it failed then all potential wifi networks previously detected disappeared. Nothing. Restarted the laptop, the same thing happened, rebooted again. Nothing at all. I took it to work and connected to the Wifi no problem. I take it home; I connect to the wifi no problem. I stay at home for a few days, and it works the entire time. Yesterday night, I take it to work, some difficulties but the wifi is weak and sketchy. I take it home: Nothing. While I was at work, windows updated. I've tried updating drivers. I've been attempting changing wifi channels, nothing.

No, airplane is mode not on. Yes, other devices can connect to the network. No uninstalling the device did not work. Yes, I tried the cmd prompt troubleshooting problems on the support page. Yes, it was working previously. No, setting it to 20hz instead of auto did not work. No setting it to type B did not work. No using a wireless adapter USB stick did not work. Same symptoms. All networks appeared, and then when I entered the password, it refused to connect, and all networks disappeared. All that accomplished is that the thumbstick is now cursed too! I mean, what the actual truck is going on?!
I am about to try a clean windows install. 

What drives me craziest, is the absolute stupid number of pages on this and other forums about what seems to be almost exact or similar problems!

Nick_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 38
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 4 is wifi magician making signals disappear?

Hello and welcome to Lenovo forums!

Is this the version of the wifi driver that's currently installed on your machine?
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

If not, please install this one. Let us know how it goes. Thank you!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors