Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsullivan1983
Punch Card
Views: 1,394
Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon Gen 4 needing factory reset!

Hi all. I'm new to the forums. This is my first Thinkpad and I'm enjoying it. I've been playing around with trying to dual boot, running linux from usb, shrinking the main partition, etc.. Somewhere along the way some things got messed up. I haven't owned a laptop in quite sometime. I booted into recovery mode and reset Windows to factory settings but for some reason now it's worse than before. Is there a way I can literally restore this laptop to the way it was when I took it out of the box? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

- Sully

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,338
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 4 needing factory reset!

Hello and welcome,

The quickest and easiest fix is to use the recovery media you made before modifying the partitions.

Failing that, you can order media from support:

1-800-426-7378 

BTW, I pulled your bump post.  We try to limit bumpage to no sooner than 3 days, otherwise the forums can turn into a bump contest...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors