DE

8 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon Gen 6 reboots automatically when in sleep mode

2019-08-11, 8:55 AM

Hi,

after reading most of the posts here my problem is still not solved (having the latest BIOS version 1.38). However, what appeared to be randomly happening I could now repeat. 
Scenario:
X1 is in docking station and under power. I close the lid and the system goes into sleep mode. I have an USB bluetooth mouse connected with the dock. When I move the mouse nothing happens (in the older BIOS version the system came out of sleep mode). When I push the right or left mouse button the system gets out of sleep. 
When I now open the lid they system is instantly on (new sleep mode). 
HOWEVER when I do nothing and leave the lid closed the system goes after time again in sleep mode. But when I open the lid (the next day) the system has performed an automatic reboot! 

I can reproduce that behaviour over night easily but do not know exactly when the reboot has taken place.

When the lid is closed and nothing is done to the mouse the system wakes up the other day normally when the lid is opened.

Any thoughts?

Best

Frank

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 6 reboots automatically when in sleep mode

2019-10-17, 17:55 PM

Hi fwj! We can see that there is a recent BIOS update. Try running the update through the Vantage app. Install all available updates detected by the app. Restart the computer then check if the issue is the same. You may also install the update manually via the website: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-carbon-6th-gen-type-20kh-20kg/downloads/driver-list.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

01-23-2016

DE

8 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 6 reboots automatically when in sleep mode

2019-10-18, 10:41 AM

Thanks Jwes, but I have BIOS 1.41 already in place and the problem stil consist. It happens 1-2 times a week during sleep mode. 

Options

4 Posts

01-23-2016

DE

8 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

Re:X1 Carbon Gen 6 reboots automatically when in sleep mode

2020-04-25, 8:25 AM

The problem is solved: It was a hardware defect! Motherboard changed and the problem is gone! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete