Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

09-19-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon Gen 7 Battery Issues

2021-02-10, 19:25 PM

Hi Community,

We've had our X1 Gen 7 laptops for about 6 months now and have started noticing more and more battery issues.   

1. Battery not found

2. Battery stays at 0% charge

3. Battery won't charge (not a 95% issue)

In some cases, changing power adapters fixes the issue even though the original adapter works on other laptops.  

In other cases, reseating the battery fixes the issue.  On this model, that means pulled a connector cord off the MB and snapping it back in place.

In others, pressing the reset button on the bottom solves the issue.   

Our techs are becoming loathe to ship laptops to customers because of the increasing frequency.   Granted the total is still under 1% but we aren't sure everyone is reporting it, especially if it might solve itself.  

Lenovo says to update the BIOS but we are running 1.41 and the change log doesn't mention a battery fix.  

Is anyone else having these issues? We are running Win10 1909 x64.  

Options

1172 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

81 Signins

5878 Page Views

• Views: 5878
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:X1 Carbon Gen 7 Battery Issues

2021-02-10, 23:01 PM

Hello mplichta,

Greetings!

All battery life claims are approximate maximum and based on results using the MobileMark 2014 and/or MobileMark 2018 battery-life benchmark tests. Actual battery life will vary and depends on many factors such as product configuration and usage, software use, wireless functionality, power management settings, and screen brightness. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and use.

For battery troubleshooting, we recommend this link.

Best regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

09-19-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-10, 23:23 PM
Thanks for the reply. Being that we are on week 3 of this discussion internally, all those topics have been brought up and we suspect hardware defects. We may run the driver update tool just to be sure, but the main drivers that could causes this do not have newer versions or their changelog don't mention battery fixes.
Options

5469 Posts

04-25-2008

United States of America

39791 Signins

761115 Page Views

• Views: 761115
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-11, 0:26 AM

Hi mplichta, I have an X1C7 which exhibited this problem, over a year ago, and a BIOS update cured it. It has not recurred. Take a look at this thread.

Hope this helps!

USB-C: Just cos it fits don't mean it works.
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms