Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SvenB90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 838
Message 51 of 90

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 7 regularly mistakes empty battery and shuts down

It seems that this is a recurring problem for a lot of people. I should say that since I got it back from repair I haven't encountered the problem yet.

lwpz
Punch Card
Views: 815
Message 52 of 90

They've just updated the BIOS firmware on the 24/12. They withdrew the previous 1.26 and introduced a new one.

I'm going to download it and manually update.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n2huj17w.txt

image.png

Eddie179
Paper Tape
Views: 743
Message 53 of 90

I've updated to the latest BIOS and still encounter no power if power source is not plugged in, even if battery should be fully charged. Random shutoff seems to have been solved. 

lwpz
Punch Card
Views: 728
Message 54 of 90

Is it 1.26? So far so good on my X1C7. Maybe your battery needs a reset or a new replacement

naut68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 716
Message 55 of 90

Hello, The last version of BIOS have not fixed anything compared to version which was relased 17.12.19 (1.26 withdrawn).

Laptop does not reboot suddenly, but it quite often shows message that Battery is not detected.

More futher, I've rolled back BIOS to vresion 1.20, which was installed when I have bought X1C7 - after it my laptop started rebootin every 10 minutes, so ... it's clearly that it is HARDWARE problem. 
With the same software - it does not work now, compared to first 2 months, when everything was OK with BIOS 1.20. 

26-12-2019 23-35-02.png

shinzan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 695
Message 56 of 90

@cruz0031 wrote:

I disconnected and reconnected the battery and the issues hasn't re-appeared. I had previously been experiencing this same issue multiple times a day. It's been seven days and I haven't had the issue.

Here's exactly what I did, however, I would only recommed doing so if you're completely comfortable servicing your own laptop.

From Windows 10...

Settings... Update & Security... Recovery... Restart Now (under Advanced Startup)

From Advanced Startup menu, select... Troubleshoot... Advanced Options... UEFI Firmware Settings... Restart

From BIOS menu... Config... Power... Disable Built-in Battery... Shutdown.

Unscrew the underside of the laptop to access the battery.  Remove the screws securing the Li-Ion battery and disconnect it.  Re-connect the battery after about 20 sec and re-assemble.  Be sure to power-on the laptop with the AC adapter connected to re-enable the battery.

This solution works for me. So far my X1C7 didn't counter any problems regarding battery and power. Thanks a lot cruz0031 Smiley Happy

naut68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 680
Message 57 of 90

@shinzan

Seriously? 

Open Laptop which is on warranty? 

My battery stoped charging at all... now LAptop work only with  AC and I'm abroad, where I need Laptop with good battery... 

Can someone from Lenovo answer, what is happening? 

wrote:

@cruz0031 wrote:

I disconnected and reconnected the battery and the issues hasn't re-appeared. I had previously been experiencing this same issue multiple times a day. It's been seven days and I haven't had the issue.

Here's exactly what I did, however, I would only recommed doing so if you're completely comfortable servicing your own laptop.

From Windows 10...

Settings... Update & Security... Recovery... Restart Now (under Advanced Startup)

From Advanced Startup menu, select... Troubleshoot... Advanced Options... UEFI Firmware Settings... Restart

From BIOS menu... Config... Power... Disable Built-in Battery... Shutdown.

Unscrew the underside of the laptop to access the battery.  Remove the screws securing the Li-Ion battery and disconnect it.  Re-connect the battery after about 20 sec and re-assemble.  Be sure to power-on the laptop with the AC adapter connected to re-enable the battery.

This solution works for me. So far my X1C7 didn't counter any problems regarding battery and power. Thanks a lot cruz0031 Smiley Happy

lwpz
Punch Card
Views: 639
Message 58 of 90

@naut68, try to go into BIOS to reset the battery and do a disable/enable in device manager. If it doesn't work, your battery might really be faulty.

So far with 1.26, it seem that my x1c7 is working well. I'll see how it goes for the next few days.

naut68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 615
Message 59 of 90

@lwpz thank you for the answer, but I've tried all solutions in this topic, except opening laptop and disconnecting the battery...

I think that my laptop battery falled down finally) it doesn't charge and mostly is shown as UNKNOW battery. 

The question is, am I the only one who has not been helped by all the updates and the above solutions? 

If yes, that's good and Lenov had done their job, AND my case is exclusive, so I'll take the warranty repair after returning to my country from trip, in the middle of january( 

But if the problem is now solved - hope Lenovo guys will take care of it. 

I'm asking for other people in this channel to answer the question - have they passed through the problem?

@lwpz wrote:

@naut68, try to go into BIOS to reset the battery and do a disable/enable in device manager. If it doesn't work, your battery might really be faulty.

So far with 1.26, it seem that my x1c7 is working well. I'll see how it goes for the next few days.

randstr
Paper Tape
Views: 500
Message 60 of 90

My X1 Carbon Gen 7 is unusable on battery because of this issue. Constant incorrect critical battery warnings, hibernation, then incorrect 100% charge, sometimes the charge level is not detected at all. Once upon reboot I got a some BIOS boot warning about using non-genuine Lenovo batteries (my battery is original from factory).

Using latest 1.26 UEFI BIOS version.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors