Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen712
Paper Tape
Views: 981
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon Left Side USB Power Only

I have a 5th Gen X1 Carbon that the left USB port only provides power on. I can charge my phone but I cannot use any data or peripheral device. I've been all over the forum/net and have seen this question a hundred times but never an answer. The USB on the right side functions normally. 

The laptop was wiped with a clean Windows 10 image. The Lenovo System Update software is installed with all updates installed. The Lenovo Service Bridge says there are no updates required for drivers. I have removed all of the USB drivers and rebooted. The USB and Always On are enabled in BIOS (hence power). 

Does anyone have a good fix for this not working? 

Stephen712
Paper Tape
Views: 972
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon Left Side USB Power Only

I have also now utilized the "Emergency Reset" at the bottom of the laptop. Uplugged, powered down. Pressed button, no change. Did again, held button for 30 seconds, no change.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 949
Message 3 of 5

The left side port is on the motherboard, so if it doesn't work, that is the part that has a problem.  The right-side port is on a separate card

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
psomero
What's DOS?
Views: 893
Message 4 of 5

How are there two posts on this forum regarding this same problem and no resolution after almost a year?

I am having same problem.  Read somewhere to try unplugging battery and holding down power button to fully turn off machine, didn't help.

Have checked drivers for xhci USB3 in device manager, windows update says latest installed.

USB flash drives will work, mice, HID's and other stuff won't.  Only the left USB-A port, 5th gen X1 20HR-006SUS

drrossum
Blue Screen Again
Views: 219
Message 5 of 5

What has been the solution to this problem for you guys? Did you RMA the laptop and did Lenovo replace the mainboard?

I'm having the exact same issue with my left USB-A port on a X1 20HR model.

Thanks for helping out!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors