Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docnorton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,922
Message 21 of 49

Re: X1 Carbon PXE Boot Issues

Just to add some additional information to this thread; I've recieved a further 3 units to image via SCCM this time with an x64 image.

I discivered that if I had the USB Ethernet adapter plugged into the right hand side USB socked I was constantly getting "incorrect hash" failures.  It seems the adapter was dropping an awful lot of packets when plugged in here.

As soon as I moved it over to the left hand side USB socket it sailed through no problem.

This may help people in the future....  Hello people in the future - from me in the past!

alemale
Paper Tape
Views: 9,869
Message 22 of 49

Hello Past,

I did the same thing of you regarding the plug of the adaptor to the right side. I got this kind of error during the attribution of the IP address from PXE boot DHCP.

In left side, i could have an IP adress and continuing the process. After the loading of x64.win image, my adaptor this to have no activities. 

I set driver from SCCM packs, your vista, and from AXIS (manufacturs of the adaptor) and still no respond. 

Now i read all this post and see the package from Mr "NINE". Tomorrow, i will try this and i 'll let you know.

thanks.

docnorton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,853
Message 23 of 49

Alemale - Without meaning to patronise you; have you updated the distribution point of the Boot.wim after you installed the driver?

I feel your pain on this as I was fighting with it for days. The drivers you mentioned worked for me but as we all know with SCCM that doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

Good luck.
alemale
Paper Tape
Views: 9,848
Message 24 of 49

Hi,

Big NEWS -> IT'S NOT WORKING hahahah Smiley Very Happy

Yes i regenrate the boot images completly but still not working.

I will change some settings in BIOS, will see what next.

Docnorton, what is the version of your driver?

docnorton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,843
Message 25 of 49

I'm using the ASIX 64bit driver from the website - version 5.14.8.0 dated 24th December 2012
llalama
What's DOS?
Views: 9,774
Message 26 of 49

Does anyone know if loading the vista driver from the Vendor Website will work using the Symantec Deployment Solution 7.1?

docnorton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,750
Message 27 of 49

Sorry I use SCCM for my deployemts so I'm not sure...
nschultz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,092
Message 28 of 49

Did you ever get this to work?

I am having the same issue... I can PXE boot but can't connect to the deployment share.

I am running the x64 deployment and have tried vista xp and windows 7 x64 drivers none seem to work.

Current drivers loaded are:

Lenovo Net Lan.inf v 5.14.9.0  -- No dice - loaded and attempted with this one first

ASIX AX8872b v 5.14.11.0 -- No dice - loaded second and attempted again

Then I removed v 5.14.9.0 from the deployment server, and added v5.14.4.0 and ran a complete rebuild of the boot image.

. I have seen reports of older drivers working but I have yet to find one. I called Lenovo who wanted to remote into the Carbon x1 .... but that is what I am trying to image, so they said they couldn't help me.

SCCM driver pack for carbon x1 can be found at....

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS030711 (Has version 5.14.4.0)

I guess the next step is remove v 5.14.11.0 and run a complete rebuild to see what happens with only the one driver loaded. I guess if all else fails maybe switch back to Dell, or consider HP.

I also tried both Legacy and UEFI boot options, both USB ports 2.0 and 3.0 ports.

Using Lenovo USB 2.0 adaptor U2L-100P-Y1

Note the StarTech 3.0  adaptor USB31000S won't PXE boot in the Lenovo.

To add to this post... I removed all ASIX and Lenovo drivers with exception of the one posted in the SCCM driver pack.

Rebuilt the WIM and rebooted. I will see if I can get a picture to add to this.... I can tell you that the first screen I select my LiteTouch boot option... it load rapidly then the WIM load for LiteTouch it takes a while for it to load... during this time the NIC is flashing I see and IP address listed in the initial load screen... The application loads and then it stops.

NIC has NO lights on it it stops working and errors out and says:

"A connection to the deployment share (Myservernamehere\deploymentshare$) could not be made, No networking devices were found on the machine!"

docnorton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,059
Message 29 of 49

Hi,

I've been imaging X1 Carbons with x64 Win 7 now for almost 12 months.  As above I use the NIC driver from the ASIX web site v5.14.8.0 but I've found it's tempremental as to which USB port the dongle is plugged into.

Please try it in various ports - when booting to WinPE hit F8 and to an IPCONFIG to check you've got an IP address etc etc...

nschultz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,037
Message 30 of 49

Here are the images... As you can see I have an IP until the application loads.

Image_part1.jpgImage_part2.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors