Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docnorton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,942
Message 11 of 49

Re: X1 Carbon PXE Boot Issues

I had injected the driver but it seems it wasn't managing PXE boot properly.

In the end I went for the manufacturers Vista driver from the Axis web site and all is sweet and dandy now...

Incidentally there is 2 different Lenovo USB to LAN drivers - I think the "other one" works fine - sorry not got version numbers to hand but one is the direct download and one is part of the SCCM driver pack.

Former Employee
Views: 12,935
Message 12 of 49

Hi all,

thanks for posting you're concerns. Was going through this thread and would like the teams to get involved to check this issue out. I'm not entirely sure what's causing this but this would be a good chance to get the teams to look at the issue deeper.

If you could be so kind to Pm me your information details, that would be great.The details i require can be found below.

• Machine Family (e.g. T61)
• Machine Type Model (e.g. 7660-14A)
• Machine Serial Number (e.g. L3-234A)
• Bios version
• Chipset model and driver version
• RAM (e.g. 2GB DDR3)
• OS (e.g. Win 7 64-bit Ultimate)

• Steps taken prior to a reported issue (for an example software or hardware installed)
• Driver list and version of components (depends on issue discussed)

• First and Last Name
• Contact Phone Number
• Email Address

• Country of customers resided

From time to time we will require voluteers to send their machine in to us for further analysis and to assist us with the investigation, if you're willng to be a viluteer, please do let me know.

Regards

tdupont
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,921
Message 13 of 49

For the USB2Ethernet adapter, we have tried version 5.14.4.0 and version 5.4.3.0 without success.

Is there another version out there we should try?

docnorton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,918
Message 14 of 49

I read that the manufacturers Vista driver was the way to go:

http://www.asix.com.tw/FrootAttach/driver/AX88772B_Vista_32bit_Driver_v5.8.2.0_WHQL.zip

Apologies if links aren't allowed...

We 1st tried the Lenovo 5.4.3.0 which didn't work.  Seems this is an XP/2k driver.

I foolishly forgot to update the DP when I then added Lenovo 5.12.4.0 so went straight on to test the ASIX AX88772 v3.8.3.23.

I successfully got to the TS selection menu after this but because I hadn't updated the DP after the 5.12.4.0 Lenovo driver was added I can't say whether it was that or the ASIX driver that fixed the issue.

Incidentally the Lenovo 5.12.4.0 was the one from the SCCM driver pack...

Former Employee
Views: 12,889
Message 15 of 49

Hi all just to keep you updated that the case has already been escalated to the relevant teams and they're currently analysing the issue.

Will keep you posted once I get an update on the case.

Regards

Former Employee
Views: 12,852
Message 16 of 49

Hi all,

Just to give yo uan update. The techs are investigating this issue and there some developments. Once the testing are complete they'll let me know of the update.

In regards to the Vista Driver update we DO NOT recoomend you to use it at all  as Lenovo does not 
support this driver. The teams have verified mutiple times that the lenovo provided driver 
does allow for PXE booting.

Will update more soon.

Regards

docnorton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,844
Message 17 of 49

Maybe that's my bad then - I will remove it from the Boot image and leave the later Lenovo Driver in.  Like I said as I hadn't originally updated the distribution point when I added the Vista driver then went and added the Lenovo driver; when I eventually did update the DP I effectively added 2 drivers.

It must be the Lenovo one that was picked up by the PXE.

Former Employee
Views: 12,806
Message 18 of 49

Hi all ,

Just want to check in to see if the drivers listed in the our support does indeed work. Please do post back your results and do let me knkow if your issue has been resolved.

regards

Former Employee
Views: 12,673
Message 19 of 49

Hi all,

Just wanted to check with you if the issue has been resolved. As the issue has ben running for a while and the drivers do indeed work and it is advisable not to use any other drivers than the one we have already released on the support site,

http://support.lenovo.com/en_MY/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS032736

At the moment I'll set the issues to resolve to make it easier for other users to reference but will still continue to monitor the case. Should this may not be the resolution we will keep investigation and unmark the solutions.

Regards

envivotech
Blue Screen Again
Views: 12,634
Message 20 of 49

I'm trying to configure my batch of new X1 Carbon's to boot to the USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter.  Here's what I've done so far. 

Config - all USB options are enabled, 3.0 Mode is set to Auto.

Security - secure boot is disabled

Startup - UEFI/Legacy boot is set to Legacy Only

Restart - Load Setup Defaults is Disabled.

Now, when I boot the laptop and choose F12 to get to the boot menu, I only see the listing for the hard drive.  The USB dongle is attached to the USB2.0 port on the left side of the machine. 

Does anyone know what I might be missing or have done wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm also trying to get his machine to eventually boot into PXE mode like others on the forum.

Thanks,

Anthony

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in. Was; Help with BIOS settings for USB ethernet adapter on X1Carbon

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors