cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abret
Paper Tape
Views: 1,798
Message 11 of 17

Re: X1 Carbon - SIM card problem (enter a SIM PIN2)

Update: today it happened again, this time with all the latest drivers and updates from Lenovo. It happened while not using the laptop for a couple of minutes. When I wanted to resume I noticed the mobile broadband connection was connected but with the 'no internet access' status. I then ran the windows diagnosis on the mobile broadband interface which ended up with the 'SIM PIN2 blocked' message. I then checked the IPv4 properties of the mobile broadband interface and sure enough DHCP was disabled.

After enabling DHCP (and automatic DNS settings as well), disabling the interface and then re-enabling it, DHCP was disabled again. In the meantime I was using wifi. I enabled DHCP again for the mobile interface and left it. When I went home a couple of hours later when the mobile broadband interface was activated again, connectivity was restored.

All in all there's definitely a problem with a driver disabling DHCP on the mobile broadband interface.

I have included the current FW version below.

Name               : Cellular
    Description        : Sierra Wireless EM7455 Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE-A
    GUID               : <removed>
    Physical Address   : <removed>
    State              : Connected
    Device type        : This is a remote device
    Cellular class     : GSM
    Device Id          : <removed>
    Manufacturer       : Sierra Wireless, Incorporated
    Model              : Sierra Wireless EM7455 Qualcomm
    Firmware Version   : SWI9X30C_02.24.03.00
    Provider Name      : vodafone NL

Abret
Paper Tape
Views: 1,795
Message 12 of 17

Ah, I just noticed that the Sierra FW isn't updated, it is the same version I reported earlier, despite running all the Lenove updates. I'll see if I can update it manually.

yi3o8
What's DOS?
Views: 1,690
Message 13 of 17

Thanks for the solution of re-enabling DHCP. Hours of tech support got me no where. A quick google and this page came up.

Dragr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,458
Message 14 of 17

I also had this problem with my X1 Carbon 5th gen (20HR). In my case there didn't seem to be any problem with DHCP and updating software / drivers / firmware didn't help. But taking the SIM out, using it in a mobile phone, then putting it back in with a new APN profile seems to have sorted it for now. I put some more details in a reply to another post:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Problem-with-Cellular-SIM-PIN2/m-p/4048708/hi...

GothamGuy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,126
Message 15 of 17

I implemented the DHCP fix and then kept getting the SIM PIN2 error message.  I was told (by Verizon tech support) that the generic password is 1111 and that has worked every time since.

Highlighted
Viral_Mehta
Paper Tape
Views: 1,109
Message 16 of 17

Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen- Cannot connect to Cellular

I recently purchased a Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen and my Cellular does not work.

When I daignose the connection I get the below error.

Enter a SIM PIN 2 to unlock the mobile broadband device.

The mobile broadband device is locked with SIM PIN 2. Contact your mobile operator for assistance with unlocking this device.

I contacted my mobile operator, they gave me anew SIM card which works in any other device but still getting above error in my Lenovo.

Can someone help please

Twang1337
Serial Port
Views: 1,059
Message 17 of 17

Hello where did you enter sim?

I get the sim pin2 error - but there is no pin.

It only occurs intermittently. I wonder if it's just a generic window's don't know what on earth is going on error code

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors