cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lostalldata
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,978
Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon - SSD Failure? Error 2100: Detection error on SSD0 (M.2)

I have an issue with a Lenovo X1 Carbon Touch Windows 8. It has a 512GB SSD. (Believe its Samsung) 

Earlier today the computer frooze while saying plug in your charger, so I had to hold down the power button to do a forced shutdown. Upon turning it back on I got this error after hanging on the Lenovo logo for a good five minutes.

Error: 2100: Detection error on SSD0 (M.2)

The SSD is not visible anywhere not in BIOS or anywhere else. I've tried reseating it however it doesn't help. The BIOS is upto date, any I'm unable to update the SSD Firmware as I cannot get onto Windows as per the instrutions here - http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht082504

1. I cant update firmware for the SSD as I cant get onto Windows

2. The BIOS firmware is the latest 

3. I've taken the SSD out and put it back in

4. Reset BIOS settings

5. Disconnected Battery and left it for an hour

I'm panicing as all my data is on there, I assumed it was safe as it's SSD. 

Please can anyone assist? 

lostalldata
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,898
Message 2 of 4

X1 Carbon Laptop Sucks Get a Dell XPS.

Sorry for a 2500 GBP laptop I'd expect better really. This is the SECOND X1 Carbon I've had out of 4 to fail me with the SSD. I've lost all my data (Yes I know I should have backed it up) that I'll never be able to recover.

Ultimately I've given up on the brand of Lenovo, my company who supplies exclusively Lenovo hardware to our customers are now switching to Dell as a direct result of the lack of support and poor hardware/firmware design.

Just ordered 2X Dell XPS 13's as a replacement for my less than 6 month old Lenovo X1 Carbon, never thought it would come to this but the lack of support, knowledge and consitant hardware failures has left me no choice, I can't operate or do my work on an Lenovo X1 Carbon, fingers crossed the Dell will be better as it cant get any worse than Lenovo.

To anyone who has Google'd the error and found this thread some cold facts;

• According to my resources this error can be caused if the system is not shutdown, BSOD or sudden power loss. 
  • If it doesn't resolve itself, there is a good chance it wont. Cycle the computer numrous times, let the battery run flat. Try it a few more times. Reset the BIOS, Update the BIOS. 
  • Prevention is better than cure, supposedly updating the SSD Firmware might have prevented this from happening in the first place.
  • Lots of reports that this is an issue with BIOS and Firmware issues that result in an early death. I can confirm this having happened twice to me on different generation and models of SSD on my Carbon X1's.
  • Try your SSD in an external M2 reader. If it still doesn't work it's gone. 
  • Cry over lost data, lost work, and lost time. 
  • SSDs should not fail this much, especally on a high end machine like this.

I always considered Dell the inferior brand, hell just ordered 3.5k GBP worth of them as I'm fed up of Lenovo.

Sincirely, 

Angry & Annoyed Ex-Lenovo Purchaser 

tai7910
What's DOS?
Views: 3,387
Message 3 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon - SSD Failure? Error 2100: Detection error on SSD0 (M.2)

I got lenovo X1 Carbon. It just used 1year and 2month. But several days ago starting 2100 detecting hdd error. I can't do anything this laptop.

When I call to lenovo ... they just tell me about out of warrenty. Thats why need to pay for repair. I'm just use to 1years and 2month.

Lenovo is really sucks.... Next time I will never purchase lenovo.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,379
Message 4 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon - SSD Failure? Error 2100: Detection error on SSD0 (M.2)

tai7910,

could you disassemble laptop to check out SSD and its cable connector quality (corrosion)? Clean it by the alcohol.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors