Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ami211
What's DOS?
Views: 1,044
Message 1 of 3

X1 Carbon Waking From Sleep Mode With Lid Closed

Howdy folks,

I did some quick searching and could not find an answers to my problem and thus am posting here. I have a X1 Carbon 3rd Gen (Type 20BS) with Windows 10 and over the past 2-3 months have noticed the following problem:

Problem: After placing the computer into sleep mode via the start button and closing the lid the computer will randomly start back up. I will often open my pc after noticing how overheated it is and find that it came back on and for some reason the touchscreen has been typing and opening applications.

Obviously this is very annoying and results in my computer draining its batter and random applications being opened. Any ideas on what may be causing this and how I can fix it? 

Happy to provide driver details and any other diagnostics if you think it would help. 

Thanks,

Andy

darthmelk
Paper Tape
Views: 952
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon Waking From Sleep Mode With Lid Closed

Same thing here for the last week or so. X1 Yoga. Didn't install any new software recently, but there were some Windows 10, Lenovo and even BIOS updates. I guess one of those broke something.

Also, when the X1 Yoga wakes by itself and I later open the lid to start using it, it will either work very slow (hard even to log in) or remain frozen with a black screen. I need to reset by pressing the power button for a few seconds. Then it will work as expected until I close the lid to enter sleep mode. I will later find it turned on with low battery again. The only workaround is to always shut down and avoid sleep.

Can't see any relevant info in the Event Manager, but maybe someone can help by telling me what to look for?.

saurus
What's DOS?
Views: 668
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon Waking From Sleep Mode With Lid Closed

I had the same issue with my x1 carbon gen 2.  Laptop would not sleep when lid was closed and when I pushed the off button to force it to sleep then it would wake up randomly and stay on, draining the battery.  A temporary fix was to turn off sleep when lid closes in Windows power advanced settings.

The cause was a weakened magnet by the touch pad.  It needs to be strong enough to trigger the sensor in the lid.  If the magnet is too weak or has shifted position in some way then it may not be able to always trigger the lid sensor.

Open the laptop and change the magnet, or check the magnet's position vs the sensor's position.  You can find the sensor's position by using a magnetic screwdriver around the camera area on the lid.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors