Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drbolgioni
What's DOS?
Views: 1,191
Message 1 of 1

X1 Carbon Wireless Adapter is suddenly missing from Device Manager

Hello,

I have just spent the past couple hours combing this forum for this issue. I found one, but there was no resolution. Many issues regurding bad connectivity. That's how mine started. I could get it to "kick" back in until I would reset the adapter (disable, then re-enable). Or, sometimes reboot.

This went on for a couple months. Then, all of a sudden - the PC started to experiance sudden power failures. Very wierd. Maybe once a day. I could never explain that one, but now... after happening maybe 10 times - the Wireless adapter is no longer showing up in Device Manager. 

I have the Wiresless enabled in the BIOS.

I have the hard swith turned to "ON".

When I press FnF5 - I get the Power Settings screen, Bluetooth is ON, but no wireless is listed.

Tried reinstalling / upgrading latest drivers.

Unplugged battery and powered down.

Opened the keyboard cover (yes, I am desperate to get this resolved) an everything looks pretty good. identified the WiFi module and even took that out and put it back in.

Anyone have any thoughts?

My theory is that after an abrupt Windows shutdown, something happened. However, was having the popular connectivity issues like everyone else before this happened.

Thanks!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors