Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,765
Message 11 of 84

Re: if you are thinking about getting X1 carbon ... avoid

Do you have a DisplayPort capable external LCD panel and have you tried connecting to that?

stackz07
Punch Card
Views: 4,666
Message 12 of 84

If one of these guys' recommendations works or you figure out more the of the problem please post back in here, I would appreicate it very much as I am getting an x1c soon and hope to have some ideas if anything comes messed up. 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 4,632
Message 13 of 84

Try this version of the rubber chicken method:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Won-t-Boot-without-AC-Cord/m-p/86281...

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Former Administrator
Views: 4,527
Message 14 of 84

Re: X1 Carbon Won't Boot without AC Cord

Thor,

Thanks!  I'll try to get a pic uploaded here later today with the pin location.  On my X1 (not a carbon), the pin hole is unmarked (no stenciled icon next to it) and it is right next to the rubber foot in the corner under the power button.

Mark

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,521
Message 15 of 84

Just to add a point although it sounds like this is not what you all are experiencing. 

Systems with an integrated battery ship with the battery temporarily disabled to preserve the battery. When AC is first attached the battery automatically enables it self. So new out of the box units will likely need the AC brick attached to it first.

Highlighted
me9394
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,566
Message 16 of 84

I don' have a mini displayport cable/adapter nor a monitor with that interface support.

I don't want to open up the laptop and try the rubber chicken method. I don't feel comfortable with that. As a customer, this is a defective unit to me and I will try not to void the warrenty for the return.

Former Administrator
Views: 4,484
Message 17 of 84

Ken,

Thanks - good to know the system is supposed to ship with battery disabled to prevent deep discharge in the event of extended storage prior to first customer startup.   So, not starting the first time without AC would be normal.  But it is sounding like Kirk's experience of not starting (repeatedly) without AC attached is odd...

All,

I took a couple of pics here to show location of the battery reset hole on the bottom of X1 and X1 Carbon models as the locations differ.   On my X1 (original model) the reset hole is located next to the rubber foot directly below the power button.

X1 hybrid reset.png

On the X1 Carbon, the reset pin hole is on the bottom of the left side, near the edge and about the middle of the side...

X1 Carbon reset.png

Former Administrator
Views: 4,545
Message 18 of 84

me9394,

I would agree - we wouldn't expect a customer to have to open the system and fiddle with the battery to get it to work.

Could you PM me your system type and serial # from the bottom of the unit so I can look up the build info?  Would you also include your contact info - if your system seems stuck and still will not start, even when connected to AC, we'd like to have a look at this and will work with you to quickly resolve this.

Mark

me9394
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,419
Message 19 of 84

PM with the info.

FYI, I have been waiting on the phone for 3.5 hours. Funny that I have to take a day off in order to reach Lenovo. how disappointing.

me9394
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,387
Message 20 of 84

still waiting on the phone. something is wrong with this company. I am seriously mad at this now. I JUST WANT TO RETURN IT. What's wrong with that? i will be leaving town in 5 days and how can I return it when I am not around??????????????????? Way to drive a customer insane.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors