Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mk_b15
What's DOS?
Views: 522
Message 81 of 84

Re: X1 Carbon Won't Boot without AC Cord

Hello guys... X1 Carbon power chord is sending power to the think pad as the green light next to power inlet is lit. However my battery was completely drained it seems and power is not coming through the system through power inlet as well so system is getting no power... Both from AC adapter and battery. Please help me in telling what could be the issue and how to fix it? Could it be an issue with the motherboard or better yet power manager? Please help. Thank you so much.

lgcooke
What's DOS?
Views: 460
Message 82 of 84

In a previous post it was noted that there is a relatively small number of users that have complained about this issue. I would also submit that there's a significant quantity of users that failed to report or complain about the issue: The fix was relatively simple and requires less time that writing up a report. I'm one such patron. My computer X-1 Carbon has been experiencing this very issue for more than a year- approximately once per month, and I'm only now getting around to reporting it. Windows 8.1 or Windows 10: both operating systems yielded the same results. Now it's become more severe. My computer won't power up at all without the power cord now. The previous fix entailed resetting the device using a paperclip that's traveled the world with me). Resetting the device no longer has an effect. If I remove the power in any manner the machine immediately turns itself off. Am I describing a different issue than others within this post or is my issue similar or the same? What is the workaround/resolution?

lgcooke
What's DOS?
Views: 460
Message 83 of 84

Hope your resolution works for me. what reset button on the board are you referring to?

Trehman
Paper Tape
Views: 387
Message 84 of 84

Re: 2014 DFR X1 Carbon Won't Boot without AC Cord

Hi, Has anyone found solution to your problem.

I have X1 C (3gen) about 15 months. I always hibernate (with power button) when shutting down. Recently I am experiencing a similar problem as yours. I have to plug the AC momentarily till power green light blinks 3 times. I can then restart, even if I remove the AC

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors