Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacecole
Paper Tape
Views: 6,535
Message 1 of 38

X1 Carbon Won't Power on After Sleep

Since upgrading to Windows 10 , my X1 is having awful power management issues. It randomly powers off when the lid is closed and often times won't wake up from sleep. It does this power on , blinking green light power button , power off mode:  see video of issue here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0jd7fjxmJg

The only way to get it out of this mode is plug in the power cord and press and hold the power button to force off then turn on. Even though the battery is at 90% + it won't power on without being plugged in. 

I have type: 20BSCTO1WW , Bios N14ET32W , Windows 10 Pro

All latest ThinkVantage and Lenovo Power Management updates installed 

Any thoughts? 

Does it need to go back to Lenovo ? 

dougstamp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,445
Message 2 of 38

Re: X1 Carbon Won't Power on After Sleep

I am having the exact same issue. After pressing power button the light flashes 8 times and there is then a pop from the speakers, this repeats 3 times.

model:20BS0032US

BIOS:N14ET32W

This started for me after I ran Lenovo Updates on 10/8/15.

I am able to get the laptop to eventually start by holding the power down for about 6 seconds and then powering the device back on. The start screen is a much different Lenovo splash page.

I also had to roll back the wireless drivers as I could not connect to certain networks which previously had no issues.

Highlighted
carbonguy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,423
Message 3 of 38

Just a thought as I had a somewhat similar issue.  7pro on my x1.

Once you get it booted up take a good look at your power manager settings, and review on the net what each alarm/battery/idle setting does.  Be sure to look at the global settings.  I disabled all global settings so that you have control of all settings within the power plan you set.

As I recall (happened over a year ago) my PM settings somehow allowed the machine to go into shut down and sleep at same time, or something like that, while the charger was connected.  

I can't remember exactly how I got machine to boot but try charging battery and then boot on battery only.

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 6,420
Message 4 of 38

about laptop powering off with lid closed after a while is normal, it goes first to sleep mode then after while it goes into herbinate mode or w.e it's spelled/called thats when it powers off and sorta remember everything you got runing so when you wake it up it will resume windows to let you continue where you where last time so that function is just normal in laptops, can be turned off in power management if you don't want it todo this.
dougstamp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,410
Message 5 of 38

Nothing to do with Power Manager settings as this started to happen after the last round of updates from Lenovo. One of these updates introduced a bug that apparently is preventing the X1 2015 from resuming from deep sleep.

jacecole
Paper Tape
Views: 6,398
Message 6 of 38

Agree,  it's not power management issue , and did occur after the last Lenovo driver updates post Win10 upgrade. 

The device should never completely power off in sleep , or go into this weird not able to power on mode. 

UM49
Paper Tape
Views: 6,345
Message 7 of 38

Hi,

I had the same problem.

When you use Windows 10 64bit, disable the Fingerprint Reader.

then everything is ok

dougstamp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,328
Message 8 of 38

I've seen you post this in quite a few other threads... Disabling the fingerprint reader does not resolve the issue.

jacecole
Paper Tape
Views: 6,307
Message 9 of 38

I can confirm disabling the fingerprint reader is a useless fix. 

Lenov , **bleep**?  This is a seriously annoying problem. 

dragon75
What's DOS?
Views: 6,246
Message 10 of 38

I Have the same issue.....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors