Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaadam
Paper Tape
Views: 296
Message 1 of 7

X1 Carbon Yoga 20JE Tablet mode Issue

I've noticed the computer always restarts with Blue Screen of Death, when I fold it into tablet mode, with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. It only happens when I fold it all the way, on the last 5 degrees, until then everything works fine.

At first, I thought this can be a software issue, so I have updated all drivers with Lenovo Companion and checked Windows Update. Everything is up-to-date. The problem is still present so I'm thinking to make a Service Request and before that, I want to make sure, I'm not missing something. 

Do you have any idea why is fault occurs?

kawy
Paper Tape
Views: 253
Message 2 of 7

Re: X1 Carbon Yoga 20JE Tablet mode Issue

Same problem here. The laptop also shuts down unexpected when I close it the "normal" way. There is no possibility to suspend the laptop with closing it. And no possibilty to use the tablet mode.

This was both working fine till mid of december. I think there are some of the last drivers installed via Lenovo Vantage broken.

How can I find the broken driver? Or do I need to uninstall all of the last updates?

Regards

drholliday
Punch Card
Views: 249
Message 3 of 7

On the X1Y2, if you've installed the latest Intel Management Engine firmware update, there's a known issue where the Intel Sensor Solution driver must be at 3.1.0.3527 or later. If not, it'll BSOD on standby/hibernate. It also seems to affect the mode change. Vantage won't show it until Lenovo gets caught up after the holidays. 

kaadam
Paper Tape
Views: 244
Message 4 of 7

In the meantime, I have managed to fix the issue.

Updating all the drivers have solved the problem. I suggest it was the Sensor Solution driver, indeed, but I can't be certain because I have installed around 10 drivers in one reboot attempt.

Unfortunately, the Lenovo Update manager software (Vantage) does not find all driver updates, you have to download them manually.

Best Regards,

kaadam

drholliday
Punch Card
Views: 237
Message 5 of 7

I'm the person who originally reported the issue with the X1Y2 and light sensor in a different thread. After we figured out what the issue was, the fix from Lenovo and Intel was a firmware update for the sensor hub, which was posted along with the newest ME firmware. It was noted that the sensor hub firmware also required the updated driver or would cause BSODs. There's a note in the readme for the firmware about it. On another thread I posted in, the problem was a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and the fix was the updated ISS driver.

kawy
Paper Tape
Views: 219
Message 6 of 7

installing "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver for (Windows 10 Version 1709 or later) - ThinkPad X1 Tablet Gen 2 (Type 20JB, 20JC), ThinkPad X1 Yoga (Type 20JD, 20JE, 20JF, 20JG)" Version 3.1.0.3527
solved the Problem! Thanks and a Happy New Year!
ArthurWellesley
What's DOS?
Views: 165
Message 7 of 7

That update fixed the issue for me as well. The readme of the update states:

[Problem fixes] - Fixed an issue where BSOD occurs after updating ISH firmware to 3.1.0.3820.

I had to endure 10 days of regular blue screen crashes despite auto-install of critical updates being enabled in lenovo vantage. Calling lenovo support was useless - they had no clue and didn't even suggest manually checking for driver updates!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors