Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaybonomad
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,350
Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon Yoga G3 - Trackpad Lags / Delays when two finger scrolling

Similar to other posts on this forum, I'm experiencing somewhat random two finger scrolling behavior when using the trackpad on my brand new X1 Yoga Gen3.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.431]
Synaptics Driver: 19.3.4.201

The problems are:

1. In Chrome, scrolling a page downward usually works (fingers moving up the touchpad).  Vertical upward scrolling (fingers moving down the touchpad) works maybe 50% of the time.

2. Random jumps that I can't attribute to my palm hitting the touchpad.

I've tried umpteen bios and driver updates, and changing power, touch, sensitivity settings to no avail.  I don't really believe it's a pure hardware issue, because when I go to certain web pages like Google maps, I can zoom in and out using two finger touch with a reasonably good success rate.  When it fails it's always when zooming in (two fingers moving down the touchpad), and instead the cursor just moves down the page (without the map zooming), so the second finger has is no longer recognised.

It also seems to be related somehow to the complexity of the javascript the page is running.  This forum, for example often exhibits the problem worse than many other web pages.  

So my guess is that the software stack is just slow getting the scrolling message to the browser code or fails to recognise two fingers moving down the touchpad.  

Anybody have any other ideas?

jaybonomad
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,275
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon Yoga G3 - Trackpad Lags / Delays when two finger scrolling

Synaptics driver update 19.3.4.210 on 5/7/2018 fixed this issue for me! 

I had to manually hit "update driver" in Device Manager on "Synaptics Pointing Device". 

Note that It didn't install using Lenovo Vantage "System Update"  button.

hytekj
Punch Card
Views: 1,068
Message 3 of 4

I am having this issue too on a brand new X1 Yoga 3rd gen. It was also happening on my Surface Book 2 and one of the main reasons I got a X1 Yoga as I thought it was bad hardware on my SB2. I notice the issue primarily when using Chrome and doing two finger scrolling. I am running Windows 1809 and the Synaptics driver 19.3.4.216. 

Highlighted
hytekj
Punch Card
Views: 1,049
Message 4 of 4

Its starting to happen pretty frequently for me... I dont think its a "ghost touch" because it last a long time, my touch screen works fine in the interim, and it seems the mouse works but not two finger scrolling. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors