09-25-2014

houston

8 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 9

X1 Carbon adaptive keyboard settings window and Apps view pops up randomly

2014-09-25, 19:56 PM

This is brand new X1 carbon 2nd generation, running as normal laptop use with lid open. Sometimes unpredictablelly The adaptive keyboard settings (camera gestures) window just pop up automatically, then the screen will go to windows 8 Apps View. I clicked and switched to the desktop and closed the adaptive keyboard setting window, but it will repeat this right away. Sometimes it's even more crazy, it will return to the windows 8 Apps View immediately, no matter what you do.

Initially I thought this is software issue, so I wipe out the system and reinstalled windows and apps, but it is doing the same thing. Contacted lenovo and of course they know nothing about it.

Please help.

Solved! See the solution
Options

3 Posts

09-25-2014

houston

8 Signins

34 Page Views

• Message 2 of 9

Re: X1 Carbon adaptive keyboard settings window and Apps view pops up randomly

2014-09-28, 23:26 PM

Nobody had similar experience?

Very disappointed with high end lenovo product.

Options

6071 Posts

10-29-2009

NC

17510 Signins

156963 Page Views

• Views: 156963
  • Message 3 of 9

2014-09-30, 12:52 PM

Based on your description it sounds like the adaptive keyboard buttons are pressing themselves?  Am I understanding correctly?

First thing I would do is upgrade to the latest BIOS:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-carbon-type-20a7-20a8/downloads/DS039782

If the problem still happens, I think there might be something wrong with your keyboard and it may need service.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

10-14-2014

Orlando

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 4 of 9

2014-10-14, 12:27 PM

I am having the same issue.  I've only had the X1 for a week now.  Mine is running Windows 7.  The adaptive keyboard setting, wireless settings and extended monitor screens appear in rapid succession.  As soon as I click one to close, another one immediately appears.  The only way to get out of the loop is to power down.  I've isolated the occurances to only when I'm connected to the dock pro.  Usually after I've been connected for a while, like usually after an hour or so.  It doesn't seem to happen when I'm using the laptop on it's own.  This is a business laptop so I had to contact my IT person.  He updated the keyboard driver and the dock pro driver but that didn't seem to help.  I don't believe he updated the bios.  For some reason I think he said he was blocked from doing so.

I'm curious if you updated your bios and if it solved the problem.

Options

3 Posts

09-25-2014

houston

8 Signins

34 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2014-10-14, 15:37 PM
I am not sure. This used to happen at least once everyday or 2, but after I updated the bios, it only happened twice. For me it only happen when running standalone with lid open, however most of the time I am running connecting the dock with lid closed, I did not have too many chances to test it yet.

Try update the bios and please let me know if that improve the situation for you, maybe we can find a solution.

Options

2 Posts

08-14-2015

Pakistan

6 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 6 of 9

2015-10-25, 3:19 AM

Hi

I have same problem. When I purchsed this laptop, its touch screen pop up automatically (strats touch/pressing automatically). I just disable Human Interfernce. But after sometime its touch adaptive keyboard strateted this thing (i.e. increase or decrease in volume, opening of 'Help page' that may be due to automatically working/pressing of  short key. It made me crazy. I have to restart my computer several time during work. Please let me know if you found any solution. Thanks

Options

1 Posts

11-11-2015

Seattle

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 7 of 9

2015-11-11, 7:13 AM
Yes I had the same problem and I am so re-leaved that I am finally able to fix it. I updated the BIOS on mine to the latest version (1.22) and that seem to have resolved this issue.
Go to the link provided above by someotherguy and install the latest update to your BIOS.
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-carbon-type-20a7-20a8/downloads/DS039782
Options

2 Posts

08-14-2015

Pakistan

6 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 8 of 9

2015-11-11, 20:20 PM

Hi Dear,

Thank you so much for your kind responce. The BIOS is already updated and verion 1.22 is installed, however, I tried to reinstall it to fix the problem but Error message appeared "Flash Module can not be found. The utility process has not completed". Please guide me, because I have to face the problem several time a day. I am looking for your support. Thanks 

Options

1 Posts

05-12-2017

HU

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 9 of 9

2017-05-12, 19:45 PM

I have the same problem here. My x1 Carbon is 2 months old and the problem started 2 days ago. It's very frustrating, every day it's like pressing F2 and apps view constantly. I updated the BIOS but it's still happening. I'm very dissatisfied with the product, after buying it, first it needed a 3 weeks long service because of a motherboard change. I can't accept that an expensive, high end product is so unreliable. I use the computer for business tasks, and it really sets back my daily work! This topic is not solved!

Dear Lenovo staff, please provide a solution for the problem!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save