Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crzyi88
Paper Tape
Views: 641
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon doesn't go to sleep, keeps running with black screen - unresponsive

When I leave my computer for say, 20 minutes or so, it doesn't go to sleep (as it normally should with inactivity) but it is still running (I can hear the fan hard at work) but I can't seem to "wake" it back up. The screen is black and the laptop is unresponsive to clicks on the touchpad or closing and opening the laptop. I have to hold the power button down for ~20 seconds before it shuts down and then I have to turn it back on and re-open all my applications and windows to keep working. 

This has been happening since I first got the laptop (August 2014). I've talked to Tech Support many many times. Nothing seems to work. They replaced my motherboard -- but that doesn't seem to solve the problem. 

Is it just my laptop or has this happened to anyone else's?? Help!!

jaybrett
What's DOS?
Views: 586
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon doesn't go to sleep, keeps running with black screen - unresponsive

I have the same problem. Have you found a resolution yet? I just disabled hibernation, as I remember having a similar issue with a computer years ago and that was the solution then, hopefully it will work, but I'm still searching for something to give me a definitive answer.

crzyi88
Paper Tape
Views: 570
Message 3 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon doesn't go to sleep, keeps running with black screen - unresponsive

I was told me to reset my computer to factory default settings. I just did that -- now I'm re-installing all my programs and documents. We'll see if this works. 

jbc614
What's DOS?
Views: 527
Message 4 of 5

I am having the same issue. I have only had my computer for 14 mo and after 6 had to get my hard drive replaced through the warranty dept (which was a nightmare) and I have been in touch with everyone from the company that sold me the computer to the quality control department and am still losing time, data, work - you name it. Did this resolve the issue? I fear I am about to have to buy a new computer (NOT from Lenovo) and call it a very expensive loss.
crzyi88
Paper Tape
Views: 512
Message 5 of 5

Nothing that anyone from IBM has told me to do has worked to fix this problem! They replaced my motherboard and notihng happened. They also told me to do many other things that haven't worked either. 

Please report this to IBM as well! I want them to learn that I'm not the only one having this problem. I've been dealing with this since I got this laptop in August. It's ridiculous. I agree that my next computer purchase will NOT be from IBM! But don't call it an expensive loss! Fight for a new one! This is absurd. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors