cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mschaffer
Punch Card
Views: 1,635
Message 11 of 15

Re: X1 Carbon gen 4 and Sierra Wireless EM7455 WWAN problems after hibernate (Win 7)

Well, it's been 24 hours and 15 resumes without the EM7455 throwing a code 10 error upon resuming from sleep or hibernate mode.  So, it looks like actually upgrading the firmware with the fdt utility (unlike what the 7.26.4539.0105 driver package seems to be able to do) to ver 2.20.03 did the trick.

Thanks to x220forme for putting me on the right track by pointing out just how old the firmware was.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,632
Message 12 of 15

Re: X1 Carbon gen 4 and Sierra Wireless EM7455 WWAN problems after hibernate (Win 7)

You are welcome, glad to see your success.

You could just to switch preferred fw and operator's profile, w/out modem reflashing.

No matter which post is a solution actually. )

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

akawild
Paper Tape
Views: 888
Message 13 of 15

Hello, 

Thank you for this discussion. I have the same problem (see picture). X1 Carbon gen 4, Win10, Sierra Wireless EM7455 is showing error in Device Manager. What is the actual steps to solution? The previous post is not clear for me. How do I run `fdt.exe` ? Or how to remove this annoying driver (as Win10 already has it, right?)? 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 880
Message 14 of 15

Hi, akawild

The modem in your case awaits of the fw flashing process completion via QDLoader port. So, you have to perform that process if the Sierra's flash service isn't capable to do that (BTW, did you install it with drivers?).

Did the modem work earlier? What happend then? Did you upgrade the OS? What version to? What is present modem' fw version?

Shortly, in order upgrade the fw manually you have to install Sierra's drivers from Lenovo site and launch the flash tool fdt2.exe from the command prompt window with a lot of parameters. They (more clearly, fw and PRI images names) depend on the drivers package version installed.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Elekrep
Paper Tape
Views: 145
Message 15 of 15

Partial solution: Device manager -> Disable then Enable "Networks -> Sierra Wireless modem"

This fixes the issue for me, but when I restart I have to do this all over again.

Re-installing drivers does nothing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors