Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 3,391
Message 1 of 37

X1 Carbon gen 6 black- paint comes off very easily

Had my X1 for two weeks and I noticed the paint is coming off on the edges. I treat the machine with tender loving care. For me 1600.00 is a chunk of change for a laptop and I treat it carefully. Has anyone noticed this or is this specific to my unit?

Thanks!

Knightunit
What's DOS?
Views: 3,323
Message 2 of 37

Re: X1 Carbon gen 6 black- paint comes off very easily

This seems to be a growing issue and convern for many X1C6 owners, me being the same. 

I will keep an eye on my unit and return it if starts to peel soon, as this is a real disapointment for what should be a flagship machine.

Highlighted
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 3,320
Message 3 of 37

OK-

Thanks for responding. Since not that many people responded it's an isolated thing. The bummer is Lenovo does not warranty stuff like that. I still can return mine to Costco. I am a little bummed out a machine so expensive would have this kind of an issue. Oh well- live and learn.

tomatpasser
Paper Tape
Views: 3,224
Message 4 of 37

I have the same problem on my brand new X1C6. Received two weeks ago. Mainly on bottom edge on the sides.

Rsax
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,195
Message 5 of 37

I got my brand new X1 Carbon 2 months ago but I am facing a few issues. I noticed from week 2 a small paint chip on the edge of the laptop above the bottom parts. I attached a picture to have an idea.

I believe we were scammed by Lenovo.  Where the heck is the carbon fiber? the high quality? the Maserati of business laptops? I really spent a lot of Mexican Pesos to buy this and now I am stressed by this **bleep**ty issue.

If this happened in two months then I wonder what might happen in a year. The black paint is gone and you can see the white alumiumn/plastic beneath. Is this normal to happen so early without any incident like dropping the laptop or anything similar. I was under the impression that thinkpads are sturdy machines that were supposed to withstand heavy usage. Is it covered by the warranty?

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 3,172
Message 6 of 37

As far as a warranty claim goes here is my experience. I spoke with Lenovo and they said no warranty on wear items. "Wear items" would include anything that happens to the exterior of the unit. Unless you can prove to Lenovos satifaction that the case has a manufacturing defect you are out of luck.

Moderator note: post edited to conform with Community Guidelines

azpekt420
Core Memory
Views: 3,136
Message 7 of 37

Come one, this will make your laptop look genuine! Add a bit of personality and manliness to your Maseratti of laptops!

tomatpasser
Paper Tape
Views: 3,115
Message 8 of 37

That might be your look of it, but others like me are concerned what else might have bad quality control when things like this show up within two weeks of gentle use.
Rsax
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,109
Message 9 of 37

I agree with you. The first issues was presented in the two weeks of gentle use. I hope many people complaint about this.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 3,108
Message 10 of 37

I guess the moderator had a problem with my post as a portion of it was deleted. So much for conveying information in a truthful and forthright manner. But I'm not upset. This site is sponsored by Lenovo. It is naturally in their best interest not to allow comments that impact sales.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors