Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zoltanthegypsy
Not applicable
Views: 1,449
Message 11 of 37

Re: X1 Carbon gen 6 black- paint comes off very easily

@Anonymous_User wrote:

I guess the moderator had a problem with my post as a portion of it was deleted. So much for conveying information in a truthful and forthright manner. But I'm not upset. This site is sponsored by Lenovo. It is naturally in their best interest not to allow comments that impact sales.

Your post was edited to remove a thinly-veiled obscenity.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Rsax
Not applicable
Views: 1,444
Message 12 of 37

We need to read what you have to say.
joesixgig
Not applicable
Views: 1,433
Message 13 of 37

FWIW, in the past I had a severe issue with paint coming off an X220, and in that case it was actually fixed for free. Here's how I got it addressed. That was an extreme case though, if it's just some minor scuffing I doubt Lenovo will fix it. 

Flaky X220:

2khrx3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,404
Message 14 of 37

@tomatpasser wrote:
That might be your look of it, but others like me are concerned what else might have bad quality control when things like this show up within two weeks of gentle use.

That's not my look at it. My take on it is Lenovo should sell a product that does not exhibit this problem. Lenovo's take on it is it's a wear item. This was Lenovo's response. Not how I view things. Read my post again. Thanks
Rsax
Not applicable
Views: 1,397
Message 15 of 37

OMG!  Looks like Lenovo painted your notebook with Plastic Dip. I think your problem was something different from what we are experiencing now or maybe our problem is only starting....... I don't want to see my thinkpad with the paint peeling completely out in six month....  I don't want to be alarmist in any way but when you have many people with the same problem is because something weird is happening.  Today I don't know what to do... 

tomatpasser
Not applicable
Views: 1,383
Message 16 of 37

@Anonymous_User wrote:

@tomatpasser wrote:
That might be your look of it, but others like me are concerned what else might have bad quality control when things like this show up within two weeks of gentle use.

That's not my look at it. My take on it is Lenovo should sell a product that does not exhibit this problem. Lenovo's take on it is it's a wear item. This was Lenovo's response. Not how I view things. Read my post again. Thanks

I was not replying to you, but to azpekt420.

protonot
Not applicable
Views: 1,322
Message 17 of 37

My view of a thinkpad is not that of a painted surface with black plastic paint but of a black surface that even if you chip will still be black underneath. That s why black is a good option because there is not color to fade away. But now this makes me wonder. Painted stuff is not a good idea. My Z61m and W520 never had these issues. I totally prefer a rough plastic texture which one can clean thoroughly than the nice feeling rubberized texture that within a month will look horrible, irregularly shiny because of oily fingerprints and full of scratches that reveal a different color underneath.

Highlighted
Rsax
Not applicable
Views: 1,297
Message 18 of 37

@protonot wrote:

My view of a thinkpad is not that of a painted surface with black plastic paint but of a black surface that even if you chip will still be black underneath. That s why black is a good option because there is not color to fade away. But now this makes me wonder. Painted stuff is not a good idea. My Z61m and W520 never had these issues. I totally prefer a rough plastic texture which one can clean thoroughly than the nice feeling rubberized texture that within a month will look horrible, irregularly shiny because of oily fingerprints and full of scratches that reveal a different color underneath.

+100 ... 

azpekt420
Not applicable
Views: 1,247
Message 19 of 37

that was a joke, dude...

tomatpasser
Not applicable
Views: 1,482
Message 20 of 37

Took some pictures of my not-so-pretty-anymore X1C6. I'm very disapointed with this quite expensive laptop.

IzeCxoyK9MeVE5MFugqjOVRqIXJ21EMiClp

https://imgur.com/a/3LDWa9O

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors