Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ultraxy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,004
Message 31 of 37

Re: X1 Carbon gen 6 black- paint comes off very easily

The same here. I have a 5 gen one. The black paint comes off from time to time, even though I have been extremetly careful to use and protect it. This quality simply would not justify the price. 

I wish Lenovo will do something about it. Otherwise, it would be my last Lenovo laptop and I would certainly recommend to buy thier laptops. 

Qranger80
Paper Tape
Views: 946
Message 32 of 37

Just had my 10 weeks old x1 carbon 6 gen inspected by the customer service center here in Seoul.

And they refuse to acknowledge the faulty manufacturing, and insist on my mis-handling of the machine, despite I present tons of articles from google search.
They even go so far as to find different explanations on how I scratch it by myself. Disgusting.

tomatpasser
Paper Tape
Views: 719
Message 33 of 37

Just wanted to drop in to show how it's getting worse. X1C6 from June.

nJJRXMh

X301User
Paper Tape
Views: 554
Message 34 of 37

Same here.  X1 G6.  Front and side edges.  And I treat my laptop very gently.  After just two months it looks worse than the 3 year old T450 it replaced, and the X230 from before that.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 520
Message 35 of 37

@X301User wrote:

Same here.  X1 G6.  Front and side edges.  And I treat my laptop very gently.  After just two months it looks worse than the 3 year old T450 it replaced, and the X230 from before that.

My x1y3 also looks worse than the ThinkPad Yoga 12 and the X220 tablet that I had before it. It's not only that it looks bad, but the resale value is basically gone. Good luck selling a scuffed ThinkPad like this on eBay for more than a few hundred dollars. 

I wonder about process testing at Lenovo. Either there is too much variability in the quality of the paint bonding process or they don't impact/wear-test the paint sufficiently. 

nicok
Punch Card
Views: 485
Message 36 of 37

I thought that I have a good unit, but it also happens on my X1G6 now. 

I also have a X1G5 - no problem up to now, even it is one year older.

I'm a little bit pissed. X1G6 seems to be like a step back for me. Except the better CPU, Thunderbolt lanes, it was a downgrade. At first the ModernSleep Issue (that is solved now, because of massive complains), than the smaller finger print sensor that is not that reliable and now the paint that come off more easily.

juanicz
What's DOS?
Views: 172
Message 37 of 37

Hi everyone, did anyone found a solution?

I bought a refurbished thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd gen (last time I do so) on their online store. I choose the thinkpad line for its elegant and classy construction, but in the first month the paint started to peel and now it looks horrible. Also the refursihed work was really terrible.

I live outside US so I have to see how can I fix it with a local operator.

also, does anyone knows if the palmrest can be painted with any other paint or if it is possible to do so?

thanks in advance20190522_1050352.jpg20190522_1050472.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors