Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
changsta2004
SCSI Port
Views: 1,128
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon power button won't make the laptop sleep

Does this x1 Carbon not sleep from the power button? This is the first time in my many laptops where the computer will not go to sleep after pushing the power button. Is there a way to change it so it does?

I know that Fn + 4 makes the x1 Carbon go to sleep but I rather have the power button do this function.

Can somebody help me?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,125
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon power button won't make the laptop sleep

Settings -> System -> Power and Sleep -> Additional power settings -> Chose what the power button(s) does (do).

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

changsta2004
SCSI Port
Views: 1,118
Message 3 of 5

By default, it is on sleep (both battery and plugged-in). However, it still does not work. I have tried changing the setings to: Do nothing and then I changed it back to : Sleep.

Still does not work.

TomasVarin1
What's DOS?
Views: 553
Message 4 of 5

Hi. Could you solve this? I have the same problem. The button don't do anything.
E-Solutions
What's DOS?
Views: 523
Message 5 of 5

Hello. I was having the same issue with my new ThinkPad P1\X1 Extreme. Now I see holding the power button down 1 second triggers a sleep event. Cheers!

~Andrew
Empowering Solutions

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors