Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasperkins26
What's DOS?
Views: 1,947
Message 1 of 3

X1 Carbon - "2101: Detection error on HDD2 (Mini SATA)"

I ordered the mSata mini 128GB card to go into the half size slot under thge keyboard.  However when I boot I get:  "2101: Detection error on HDD2 (Mini SATA)".  I thought that a half size drive would work, as it does it my Lenovo W520.  However it appears the BIOS does not recognize it.  It does however recognize it in my W520.

Has anyone else successfully added a second drive internally to the X1 Carbon Touch?

http://www.mfactors.com/msata-mini-half-size-sataiii-ssd-128gb-64gb/

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,932
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon - "2101: Detection error on HDD2 (Mini SATA)"

Hello and welcome,

No personal experience here, but I do see this note on the page you linked:

Note: Only works with systems with mSATA standard connector. NOT compatible with Mini PCIe slot for WWAN/wireless cards

The way I read the Hardware Maintenance Manual  that slot is WWAN only, not a WWAN/mSATA combo slot.  Could be wrong.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

jasperkins26
What's DOS?
Views: 1,914
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon - "2101: Detection error on HDD2 (Mini SATA)"

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I had read in one of the pdf's that it was a WWAN/mSATA combo slot. Regardless, now I cant find that doc, and I would agree if this s the case, I will return it.

I also ordered the 128gb sdxc class 10- and it works great!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors