Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattias
What's DOS?
Views: 631
Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon randomly dies

I just received my new X1 Carbon yesterday. 

When I booted it up the first time the computer died after I set up username and password in Windows. Next time the same screen appeared but the username was ofcourse taken already. I logged into windows and the computer died. 

After 10-20 HDD checks the computer logs into windows and I can install some software (Visual Studio etc), but then it just dies again. Sometimes it can't even login to windows before it dies. 

I've tried to format and reinstall windows but it doesn't help, sometimes I can use it for one hour, and sometimes just for 10 seconds. 

I can't really say that I can see a pattern in this whether I'm using the AC chord or not.. 

I've also done a memory check and a harddrive check without any errors.

I guess I have to return it and wait for a new one.. really disappointing =( 

Any ideas Lenovo? 

mareluce
HDMI
Views: 600
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon randomly dies

>>  Sometimes it can't even login to windows before it dies. 

When this happened to me on my PC a couple years ago, the problem was my one of my fans had died (either the power supply's fan or a system fan; can't remember which.) .  The system was shutting itself off as a defensive reaction to overheating.

Mattias
What's DOS?
Views: 569
Message 3 of 4

I just ordered a new computer today and it works perfectly :-) Allthough there are a lot of crap installed on it. 

But now I have to X1 Carbon =) 

ja5on
Paper Tape
Views: 362
Message 4 of 4

Hiya

we keep experiencing an X1 carbon randomly crashing. I have run the LENOVO solution center tool to find out why and this is the error messsage we recieve.

Result Code :- WMEBVVBVP-UJ9XR1

Device :- Memory

Tried to do a search on the forums for this problem but to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors