03-24-2010

New York

3 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 1 of 3

X1 Carbon tphkload.exe and Adaptive keyboard

2014-07-12, 14:28 PM

Aside from reinstalling/factory imaging my 1 week old X1 Carbon (20A8), I figured I would ask here...

• The tphkload.exe process is at a constant 25% CPU.  Have to keep this laptop plugged in or it dies after about 2-3 hours.
  • When I am booted into the OS desktop, the left "switch" button does not work.  All other times it does... during POST, at the login screen and at the lock screen.  At this point, I have to lock my machine to switch between the Fn menu and Volume menu.
  • Restarting the service has no effect.
  • Uninstalled, rebooted and installed the software about 5 times now and still no joy.

I am currently using Hotkey Features Integration v5.33.0000 with the latest BIOS v1.16.  Do I even need this software to use the adaptive keyboard - since during POST I can change the keyboard just fine.  

I should also mention that uninstalling the Hotkey software and rebooting, the Adaptive keyboard cannot be changed when in the OS at all (even when locked or logging in)... yet it can during the POST sequence.  Strange...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2 Posts

03-24-2010

New York

3 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon tphkload.exe and Adaptive keyboard

2014-07-13, 21:43 PM

Found the culprit to be the latest version of the Lenovo PM Driver 1.67.04.05 http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS032258 ... with this driver installed, the Fn strip didn't work and caused the tphkload.exe process to eat CPU.

Searched around and installed the previous version 1.67.04.04 instead and the Fn strip started working again without any of the aformentioned issues in my original post.  

The driver that worked for me was http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS036054

Hope this helps someone.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6 Posts

01-29-2018

US

7 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon tphkload.exe and Adaptive keyboard

2020-02-10, 9:32 AM

This same problem is happening for me and I'm on driver 1.67..16.42. Pegged CPU until I kill tphkload.exe, adaptive keyboard doesn't work after rewaking from sleep. I have the latest driver, I wonder what's causing this?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save