Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 1,049
Message 11 of 18

Re: X1 Carbon weak Bluetooth signal

Hi all,

thanks for posting. i was just wondering which BIOS version are you using. I'm not particularly sure this might help, though this might help,there was a new BIOS release in May 2013,that mentions about addressing BT issues. You may want to consider that and check for the changes. The BIOS can be found from the link below.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/g6uj10us.exe
Danter
Paper Tape
Views: 1,035
Message 12 of 18

Hi @NINE, thanks for looking into this. I've checked the BIOS and I am alrady fully up to date. Do you have any other suggestions for what this could be/ can you suggest how to resolve. 

When I got my X1, it had a weird resin on the touchpad and the lower front part of the screen was coming away from its backing- none of that has bothered me compared to the bluetooth problem, it's really affecting my satisfaction with the machine. 

Former Employee
Views: 1,009
Message 13 of 18

Hey Danter,

I PM you some info I require.

Hope to hear back.

Regards
juiced
Paper Tape
Views: 990
Message 14 of 18

Thank you for the information, but I had already updated my BIOS to the latest version.

As one of my devices (logitech speakers z515) works correctly, I have still hope that there will be a solution coming.

Dracco
What's DOS?
Views: 795
Message 15 of 18

Re: X1 Carbon weak bluetooth signal

Greetings everyone.
I am sorry for posting in such an old topic, but I have bought an X1 Carbon Touch in November 2013 (or somewhere near) and discovered the same issue mentioned in all those posts above. Firstly I had no idea it was an issue, I haven't used BT so much, but this year I bought a BT Audio transmitter for my stand speakers. It connects, plays well, but every time I cross the signal with my laps signal breaks (despite 2 meters distance between devices). It is really annoying and I would really like it fixed. I would think that it's because an amount of data sent to transmitter, but my Samsung S3 Mini has no problems even across the flat.
I really respect ThinkPad series, but if this will not be fixed, it will sadly be my last laptop from the Lenovo.
Best regards,
Daniel

juiced
Paper Tape
Views: 732
Message 16 of 18

I perfectly understand your deception. By now its unlikely that they will come up with a solution. I recommend to trash it using the head of somebody you never liked, or your own for buying it in the first place Smiley Wink

mnemonicker
Paper Tape
Views: 601
Message 17 of 18

Hi,

I am living in Turkey. I have had the very same problem since I bought my X1CT 20A7 model. At the beginning, I was thinking that it is related with the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC7260 chip, however I figured it out that it is not. Lenovo came to my place and changed the chip but it didn't solve the problem. After they went, I decided to switch antenna wires of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. And wala! Smiley Happy Bluetooth was working perfectly... But Wi-Fi has gone Smiley Sad

This means real problem is bluetooth antenna which is inside the screen. I know that some people have Wi-Fi connection problems which I believe rooted from the antenna issue. I wrote these to my Lenovo service. I hope they will solve this. 

jbonnette1977
What's DOS?
Views: 498
Message 18 of 18

We had the same issue with a customer where we work and found that the Docking station was being used to power the bluetooth headset. Issue went away when plugged into the laptop. All systems are operational. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors