Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MM17
Paper Tape
Views: 3,440
Message 1 of 6

X1 Carbon will not start up

When pushing power button nothing happens.  When plugging in power cord, the following happens: (i) light by power cord shines constant red, (ii) light on the "i" in Think on the cover flashes red 3 times, and (iii) light on power button flashes green 3 times.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,433
Message 2 of 6

Re: X1 Carbon will not start up

The first thing I would look for is a broken power button

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
MM17
Paper Tape
Views: 3,417
Message 3 of 6

I don't recall the flashing 3 times behavior ever before. I think this is a warning of something wrong as opposed to the button being broken.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,412
Message 4 of 6

@MM17 wrote:
I don't recall the flashing 3 times behavior ever before. I think this is a warning of something wrong as opposed to the button being broken.

Nope, it's normal.  Just re-confirmed on 3 different current-model ThinkPads.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

MM17
Paper Tape
Views: 3,403
Message 5 of 6

Prior to it shutting down last, the screen went black while I was using it with no warning of a low battery. I then hard shut it off by holding power button. It never came back on.
DanielNTX
Punch Card
Views: 3,316
Message 6 of 6

Just had this same issue... I was using my X1 Carbon and it shutdown and now I cannot start the system.  I've tried the emergency reset button beneath the system and it does not work.  I can press the power button and the backlit keyboard flashes for a moment and then the CPU fan goes full blast and nothing is shown on the screen.  My system won't POST or boot at all.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors