Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMA2151
What's DOS?
Views: 429
Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon with Adaptive Keyboard -- Key Strokes or Alphabet Not Registering

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon with Adaptive Function Room Keyboard.  It is my work computer, not my fave set-up.  Yesterday, I may or may not have attempted to clean the keys with a damp rag and wahla my key strokes are not anything like the keys they represent.  I have finally gotten into 'safe mode' but I cannot key in my password to reset or restore anything.  UGH.  After 12 hrs, it did work for long enough for me to draft 1 line of an email and then it stopped.  I've rebooted/shut down/etc.  The mouse works fine - as does enter apparently.  Please help.  This is awful timing...isn't it always?! Smiley Happy

And the talking adaptive keyboard is simply dumb.  I brush my hand across at least 3x a day and the computer barks at me.

Shaunti in Chicago

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 420
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon with Adaptive Keyboard -- Key Strokes or Alphabet Not Registering

I am not a fan of the adaptive keyboard either, but some people like it.  It sounds like you got some moisture under the conductive membrane.  Sometimes that sort of thing dries out, but usually it doesn't.  If it really doesn't work, you might try a hair dryer on a low setting.  You might make it worse, but if it really doesn't work, there isn't much to lose.  I have replaced keyboards on those, but it is not a good job for someone who is not experienced.  You start removing things from the bottom, and need to take everything off.  The last part is the keyboard assembly

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors