Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattag02
What's DOS?
Views: 1,774
Message 1 of 8

X1 Carbon with Thunderbolt 3 dock going to sleep mode quickly

Anyone have a fix for the x1 carbon laptop going to sleep mode very quickly (1-2 minutes) while using a lenovo docking station?  It doesnt happen when i use the laptop without dock.  Ive tried all the normal setting in windows.  they are set to 15-20 minutes.  It still happens.  Ive updated the drivers for the docking station.  It still happens.  This is also an issue with an employee's 4th generation X1 and a USB-C dock.  After waiting for 25 minutes on lenovo chat and no one responding, i called in.  They spent 30 minutes playing with the same settings then said it was a software issue and transfered me to another department.  They tried to charge me $200 to fix the problem.  My laptop and dock are less than 6 months old.  I'm extremly upset with lenovo!  

mattag02
What's DOS?
Views: 1,753
Message 2 of 8

Re: X1 Carbon with Thunderbolt 3 dock going to sleep mode quickly

Gets even better. I called back into the original number and they said "what i do with my computer is not their problem. Since it works (even though briefly) then its fine"
newbed
What's DOS?
Views: 1,700
Message 3 of 8

Yes!! It's been driving me crazy. What's more is that half the time it doesn't wake up from sleep after. I have to undock it and wake it up and redock it.

achanont
Paper Tape
Views: 1,395
Message 4 of 8

Also have the same problem that you have. I'm really mad for you that they didn't seem to care about the problem when you ask them
wingzero8556
What's DOS?
Views: 790
Message 5 of 8

Did you ever resolve this? I just got my X1 Carbon and TB3 dock a few months ago and it goes to sleep after a minute. If I don't have the dock plugged in then it abides by the power options that I've set.

DrTed1
Punch Card
Views: 247
Message 6 of 8

I recently got a X1 Carbon 7th generation and expereiced the same problem when using the Thunderbolt 3 dock.  I was even on the phone with a Lenovo tech for two hours, but the solution still remained elusive.  On a lark, I switched from using an HDMI cable from the dock to the monitor to using a Display Port cable.  This appears to have resolved the problem.

DrTed1
Punch Card
Views: 211
Message 7 of 8

This did not resolve the issue.  I called Premier Support.  The tech immediately identified the problem. The Lenovo Vantage program  "Glance" needed to be uninstalled.  I am happy to report that this resolved the issue.

wingzero8556
What's DOS?
Views: 169
Message 8 of 8

I have 6th Gen X1 and don't have glance installed on my laptop sadly. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors