08-01-2015 12:15 AM
I upgraded my X1 Caron to Windows 10, then did a clean install. Windows update installed most drivers, and anything missing, I installed from lenovo drivers.
Couple of issues
- overall slow/unresponsiveness
- slow bootup/start time, takes a while to login and once logged in, things are extremely unresponsive
- cursor size becomes smaller if middle button is pressed
- cursor disappears when scrolling
- cursor size becomes small on hovering over a input box (lets say browser url or search) and also when hovering over most buttons.
- a full charge, with 85% brightness, wifi & bluetooth on will suggest a 3 hour life
I have tried installing various verisons of snyaptics drivers but none of them works properly.
Any help would be appreciated
08-01-2015 01:01 PM
Hi Mohassan903 and welcome to the community,
I have an X1C 3rd generation and how I did it was I used my recovery drive and reset the machine to factory. The Win 10 upgrade showed up right away, (Windows 8.1 wasn't installed yet) and I let it do the upgrade.
I'm not seeing any of the issues that you are seeing. Windows 10 is lightning fast and so far, I don't have any issues with it. My battery life during a download shows to be almost 8 hours.
Did you do the bios update that has support for Windows 10?
I just now put Windows 10 on and I'll continue to test it, but right now I don't see any issues with it.
08-13-2015 12:44 AM
I recently upgraded (not clean install) from Windows 8.1 to 10, and I am having an issue with the cursor size as well. I can reset the size to normal using the mouse menu in the control panel, but whenever I use the middle button to scroll the mouse size changes to being very tiny. I have also noticed that in addition to the mouse being much smaller, the point at which it clicks does not line up with the point of the mouse (it clicks to the right of the mouse icon), so I am misclicking on a lot of things. Has this been a problem for anyone else?