Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 806
Message 31 of 103

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN

@x220forme wrote:

the entire text in capslock will not help to get the solution faster. Please, don't use it in your posts. Thanks

How do you know ? Besides that your so called solution is worthless. As mentioned by everyone before the supervisor password is not working anymore after the BIOS update.

X1EG1_BIOS_V1.22.jpgLENOVO BIOS V1.22 NIGHTMARE

AJH162
Punch Card
Views: 754
Message 32 of 103

If it makes you feel better BrokenThinkpad, you are getting the deluxe support experience.  I've had an issue affecting around 5-15% of the 35+ X1 Extreme's that we have in our software engineering group where the Thunderbolt Docks either partially or fully don't work after being unplugged and reconnected without rebooting the machine and I can't even get a response to my post after almost a month (and I've made updates to it every few days as I figure out more info.)  I've dumped probably about 25-30 hours personally in to trying to do Lenovo's job for them on troubleshooting what is almost certainly a driver bug between two of their products.

Chat support offered to let me send my laptop to a depot until they found out it was a driver issue and then suggested I call up and pay for premium support to get them to fix their non-working products that should just be plug and play.  I'm hoping maybe once I can isolate it to the exact problem I might be able to get some kind of movement on it, because it's turned a significant chunk of our "laptops" in to over priced desktops.

Wendel
802.11n
Views: 721
Message 33 of 103

FYI, Vantage-System Update offered me this morning (US East Coast time) the 1.22 BIOS as a suggested update. Be careful.

AJH162
Punch Card
Views: 711
Message 34 of 103

Interestingly it didn't show up in Vantage for me, but it did show up in System Update.

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 679
Message 35 of 103

@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and sorry you have had the experience. Engineers have been able to reproduce the exact symptoms and, as a result, the BIOS files have already been removed from the support site to prevent further downloads. They are also looking into possible recovery options which will take a little longer and I hope to have more information regarding any options at around this time tomorrow.

Where is the promised update now ?

And please tell us which support teams are aware of this issue. If support is requested via official channels the support requests are rejected.

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 631
Message 36 of 103

@Alazef I've sent you a private message regarding your situation especially because of your comments regarding the responses you received from support. Please look out for it. It's the orange box, top-rightish of the forum page next to the word "Messages" with a number in it.

To anyone else who has experienced issues with the BIOS 1.22; as previously stated I recommend you contact support in your country location to request assistance and, please by all means, refer them to my posts in this topic.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Apemantus
Core Memory
Views: 599
Message 37 of 103

I tried to download and install the BIOS 1.22 update this morning, but the download failed several times. It was a Recommended update. Failing to download from the Vantage app had never happened before. Now, I suppose, 1.22 had already been taken down when I was trying to download it. I'm very lucky. I experienced the first BIOS disaster last December when changing from hybrid to discrete graphics in the BIOS bricked the computer. That one required a motherboard replacement. That was a horrible introduction to the X1 Extreme experience, but since the repaired computer was shipped back to me (in late January) I've had no problems at all and I really have been enjoying using this computer. However, I have to be be extra cautious about even trying to update the BIOS going forward. I always have had this nagging anxiety when a new BIOS update is listed in the Vantage app, but I plunge ahead anyway.

No more plunging ahead for me.

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 583
Message 38 of 103

@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

@Alazef

To anyone else who has experienced issues with the BIOS 1.22; as previously stated I recommend you contact support in your country location to request assistance and, please by all means, refer them to my posts in this topic.

This kind of solution is a joke. I called the customer support hotline in the afternoon, but all they had to say to me is that forgetting the supervisor password is not covered by warranty. No one cares if there is a thread somewhere in the internet about this.

And of course the most important questions like who is aware of this issue and who is working on it are not beeing answered.

AJH162
Punch Card
Views: 577
Message 39 of 103

They aren't going to tell you who specifically is working on it.  Customer Service exists to act as a buffer between engineering staff and customers so that engineering time isn't wasted answering the same questions over and over.  As far as telling the phone customer service about the post here, they can see that the post is by a Lenovo employee.  If they don't, keep asking for a manager until you get someone who can read and see that it's Lenovo staff verifying the issue.

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 547
Message 40 of 103

@AJH162 wrote:

They aren't going to tell you who specifically is working on it.  Customer Service exists to act as a buffer between engineering staff and customers so that engineering time isn't wasted answering the same questions over and over.  As far as telling the phone customer service about the post here, they can see that the post is by a Lenovo employee.  If they don't, keep asking for a manager until you get someone who can read and see that it's Lenovo staff verifying the issue.

You are funny I think you have no clue of anything, please stop answering questions which have not been asked. So that we can actually make some progress.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors