cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎01-06-2019
Location: JP
Views: 738
Message 61 of 108

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@HawkeyeQ wrote:

Hello.

 

  Quick question: Has anyone tried to rollback BIOS to v.1.21? If yes, was there any change (to the better of course)?

 

Regards,


Quick Answer:

 

That is not possible for all the people who have activated BIOS Rollback Prevention.

Highlighted
Thinkies
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎04-01-2019
Location: US
Views: 674
Message 62 of 108

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN

I apologize if I am distracting from the conversation, however, System Update is suggesting that I update to BIOS version 1.21 and I found this thread during my research on the subject.  

 

I am currently running on BIOS v 1.19 and things are going well, just updated the OEM Samsung SSD firmware as per System Update (though that was itself not without issues).  I am running a secondary SSD and both have BitLocker enabled.  

 

It seems that 1.22 has caused some sort of comotion?  I am wondering if it's safe to update to 1.21 or if perhaps I should instead wait until 1.23?

 

 

I forgot to mention... I don't have any power on passwords / supervisor passwords enabled, just regular BitLocker turned on.  

 

Another fun situation as a very new X1 Extreme G1 owner... I received my computer about a month ago and they announced Gen 2 on the day that my return period lapsed.  By the time I had finished scratching my head wondering whether I should return it and get a Gen 2 machine... it was too late.  

 

Thanks Lenovo! 

HawkeyeQ
Punch Card
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎12-21-2013
Location: GB
Views: 642
Message 63 of 108

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@Thinkies wrote:

I apologize if I am distracting from the conversation, however, System Update is suggesting that I update to BIOS version 1.21 and I found this thread during my research on the subject.  

 

I am currently running on BIOS v 1.19 and things are going well, just updated the OEM Samsung SSD firmware as per System Update (though that was itself not without issues).  I am running a secondary SSD and both have BitLocker enabled.  

 

It seems that 1.22 has caused some sort of comotion?  I am wondering if it's safe to update to 1.21 or if perhaps I should instead wait until 1.23?

 

 

I forgot to mention... I don't have any power on passwords / supervisor passwords enabled, just regular BitLocker turned on.  

 

Another fun situation as a very new X1 Extreme G1 owner... I received my computer about a month ago and they announced Gen 2 on the day that my return period lapsed.  By the time I had finished scratching my head wondering whether I should return it and get a Gen 2 machine... it was too late.  

 

Thanks Lenovo! 


Hello.

 

  I had no issues with version 1.21.

  And the only issue with version 1.22 is the broken Supervisor's password.

  Everything else is fine.

  Given the fact that version 1.22 has been withdrawn, you should be safe to update your BIOS to version 1.21.

 

Regards,


HawkeyeQ
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur...

----------------------------
Alazef
Punch Card
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎05-22-2019
Location: SA
Views: 628
Message 64 of 108

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@HawkeyeQ wrote:

@Thinkies wrote:

I apologize if I am distracting from the conversation, however, System Update is suggesting that I update to BIOS version 1.21 and I found this thread during my research on the subject.  

 

I am currently running on BIOS v 1.19 and things are going well, just updated the OEM Samsung SSD firmware as per System Update (though that was itself not without issues).  I am running a secondary SSD and both have BitLocker enabled.  

 

It seems that 1.22 has caused some sort of comotion?  I am wondering if it's safe to update to 1.21 or if perhaps I should instead wait until 1.23?

 

 

I forgot to mention... I don't have any power on passwords / supervisor passwords enabled, just regular BitLocker turned on.  

 

Another fun situation as a very new X1 Extreme G1 owner... I received my computer about a month ago and they announced Gen 2 on the day that my return period lapsed.  By the time I had finished scratching my head wondering whether I should return it and get a Gen 2 machine... it was too late.  

 

Thanks Lenovo! 


Hello.

 

  I had no issues with version 1.21.

  And the only issue with version 1.22 is the broken Supervisor's password.

  Everything else is fine.

  Given the fact that version 1.22 has been withdrawn, you should be safe to update your BIOS to version 1.21.

 

Regards,


 

 

Another thing I would highly recommend is to RESTORE DEFUALT BIOS SETTINGS *before* upgrading - leasson learnt from last havoc caused by BIOS 1.22! 

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎01-06-2019
Location: JP
Views: 615
Message 65 of 108

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

As I stated previously Engineers are looking into possible recovery options but, at this time, it would be pure speculation on my part if I were to set an expectation for a resolution time line. If someone has experienced this issue and feels they require immediate assistance they should please contact support through the Contact Us site, (contact options may vary from country to country).


Lenovo,

 

What is the solution now ?

 

Customer service is not recognizing this issue in my country and nobody cares about this thread on the hotline.

 

When am I allowed to use my laptop again ?

Alazef
Punch Card
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎05-22-2019
Location: SA
Views: 552
Message 66 of 108

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@BrokenThinkpad wrote:

@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

As I stated previously Engineers are looking into possible recovery options but, at this time, it would be pure speculation on my part if I were to set an expectation for a resolution time line. If someone has experienced this issue and feels they require immediate assistance they should please contact support through the Contact Us site, (contact options may vary from country to country).


Lenovo,

 

What is the solution now ?

 

Customer service is not recognizing this issue in my country and nobody cares about this thread on the hotline.

 

When am I allowed to use my laptop again ?


 

You have been waiting for so long time! I advise you to contact the Commerce Ministry in your country becuase Lenovo won't do anything!   Rememebr this is Lenovo not Apple or Samsung ;\

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Posts: 5,467
Registered: ‎06-26-2008
Location: US
Views: 535
Message 67 of 108

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@BrokenThinkpad wrote:

@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

As I stated previously Engineers are looking into possible recovery options but, at this time, it would be pure speculation on my part if I were to set an expectation for a resolution time line. If someone has experienced this issue and feels they require immediate assistance they should please contact support through the Contact Us site, (contact options may vary from country to country).


Lenovo,

 

What is the solution now ?

 

Customer service is not recognizing this issue in my country and nobody cares about this thread on the hotline.

 

When am I allowed to use my laptop again ?


How about posting which country you're in?

And maybe posting your case number would help.


Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

HawkeyeQ
Punch Card
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎12-21-2013
Location: GB
Views: 459
Message 68 of 108

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN

Hello.

 

  Quick update as I received the following from Lenovo's Support a few minutes ago:

 

  "Hello,
   Thank you for your e-mail.
  We had just received this confirmation on the issue from our lead technicians today, so your case has been forwarded for on-site support.
  Please kindly await our engineer to give you a call, as soon as we have part available /up to 2-5 days/, so he can change the mother board.
  Apologies for any inconvenience."

 

  Thank you @Andy_Lenovo for confirming the root cause of the issue to the Service Delivery Team.

 

Regards,


HawkeyeQ
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur...

----------------------------
BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎01-06-2019
Location: JP
Views: 455
Message 69 of 108

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@NateS wrote:

@BrokenThinkpad wrote:

@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

As I stated previously Engineers are looking into possible recovery options but, at this time, it would be pure speculation on my part if I were to set an expectation for a resolution time line. If someone has experienced this issue and feels they require immediate assistance they should please contact support through the Contact Us site, (contact options may vary from country to country).


Lenovo,

 

What is the solution now ?

 

Customer service is not recognizing this issue in my country and nobody cares about this thread on the hotline.

 

When am I allowed to use my laptop again ?


How about posting which country you're in?

And maybe posting your case number would help.


There is no case number. There is only a support hotline which is not aware of this issue and therefore refuses support on this matter.

HawkeyeQ
Punch Card
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎12-21-2013
Location: GB
Views: 447
Message 70 of 108

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@BrokenThinkpad wrote:

@NateS wrote:

@BrokenThinkpad wrote:

@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

As I stated previously Engineers are looking into possible recovery options but, at this time, it would be pure speculation on my part if I were to set an expectation for a resolution time line. If someone has experienced this issue and feels they require immediate assistance they should please contact support through the Contact Us site, (contact options may vary from country to country).


Lenovo,

 

What is the solution now ?

 

Customer service is not recognizing this issue in my country and nobody cares about this thread on the hotline.

 

When am I allowed to use my laptop again ?


How about posting which country you're in?

And maybe posting your case number would help.


There is no case number. There is only a support hotline which is not aware of this issue and therefore refuses support on this matter.


Hello.

 

  You should use this link to report the issue: https://www.managedtechnicalsupportaccess.com/mtsarva/lenovo.html

  This is what I did in the first place (the link is on Lenovo's Support portal) and I got the response I posted earlier.

  They are aware of the issue and the root cause.

 

Regards,


HawkeyeQ
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur...

----------------------------

Check out current deals!


Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors