Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 2,415
Message 1 of 100

X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN

LENOVO,

I JUST INSTALLED THE NEWEST BIOS UPDATE V1.22 ON MY X1 EXTREME G1 AND NOW I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE BIOS ANYMORE THE SUPERVISOR PASSWORD IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE. WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

Venetach
What's DOS?
Views: 2,394
Message 2 of 100

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN

Performed the update yesterday and have the same exact problem.

It accepts my fingerprint but still takes me to the Supervisor password screen

My computer is completely unsuable.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,361
Message 3 of 100

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and sorry you have had the experience. Engineers have been able to reproduce the exact symptoms and, as a result, the BIOS files have already been removed from the support site to prevent further downloads. They are also looking into possible recovery options which will take a little longer and I hope to have more information regarding any options at around this time tomorrow.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

AJH162
Punch Card
Views: 2,339
Message 4 of 100

The ISO version of it (and maybe the linux version, though I haven't checked) are still up.  It might be worth pulling those as well and/or marking the 1.21 files as the most recent version.

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 2,305
Message 5 of 100

@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and sorry you have had the experience. Engineers have been able to reproduce the exact symptoms and, as a result, the BIOS files have already been removed from the support site to prevent further downloads. They are also looking into possible recovery options which will take a little longer and I hope to have more information regarding any options at around this time tomorrow.

WHAT IF THIS CANNOT BE FIXED ? I USE THIS NOTEBOOK FOR MY DAILY WORK AND THIS ISSUE CAUSES SIGNIFICANT TROUBLE. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHICH LENOVO SUPPORT AND ENGINEERING TEAMS ARE AWARE OF THIS ISSUE ? FURTHERMORE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF LENOVO IS AWARE OF THIS ISSUE ON A GLOBAL SCALE ?

gm20
Punch Card
Views: 2,272
Message 6 of 100

I know that it will not help anyone, but in my case version 1.22 works correctly. I'm using bios with default settings.

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 2,265
Message 7 of 100

@gm20 wrote:

I know that it will not help anyone, but in my case version 1.22 works correctly. I'm using bios with default settings.

what works correctly ? did you set a supervisor password and a harddisk password and a power on password before you did the update ? if not then please tell what has your comment to do with the topic.

gm20
Punch Card
Views: 2,255
Message 8 of 100

No. I don't use supervisor password - edit: ... and I don't want try. This laptop is very fragile, that's why I do not change anything in bios

AJH162
Punch Card
Views: 2,248
Message 9 of 100

I wish you the best of luck.  I know that we had a few machines at my work that we had to send back due to a bricking issue with one of the previous firmwares if you chose Discreet Graphics and we managed to brick 2-3 machines during our roll out before we figured out what was going on.  In those cases, we had to mail the laptops back to Lenovo to have them replace the system board.  Hopefully it's just some value changed that they can reset in a newer firmware version and get it working again without needing to replace system boards though.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,229
Message 10 of 100

As I stated previously Engineers are looking into possible recovery options but, at this time, it would be pure speculation on my part if I were to set an expectation for a resolution time line. If someone has experienced this issue and feels they require immediate assistance they should please contact support through the Contact Us site, (contact options may vary from country to country).

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors